making a recolor wad.HELP ME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadix

I cant figure out how to make a recolor of a wad or a plr.I dont know how to get the sprites into the xwe I have.And please read my signature because thats what I am and that means I dont know much.

MAN this is rich! Screenshotted.

I don't suggest making a recolor character, as DarkWarrior will bite your head off for it. You can try, though, but be ready for critisism.

Anyways you'll need the latest beta version of XWE, for the lower case lump support. Then you should open the PLR or WAD save all of the sprite lumps you want and edit them in Paint, or some other pixel-editor.

Get XWE, save the sprites from Sonic.plr to any folder, recolor them, put them in a new wad, choose abilities and stuff, test, release, get flamed.

There, the progress of a recolor. Really, you'd have to make a really good recolor to get respect for it. That means, make sure the recolor doesn't make the game too easy, try to show as many customized parts as possible, and maybe even a custom style for the sprites. But not a Sonic with automaticly the color purple(by setting prefcolor to purple) and yellow eyes, thanks.

How do you change the colors?I want to make something.Also,how do you add like a sword to the character.

Well i figured out how to get the sonic sprites in but now comes another problem...THE SPRITES ARE BLACK!(not being a racist.)Everything i do its just a full black sonic.(again not a racist.)So how do i get past that?

Also i guess if you want to make a sword just ms paint it.

Also how would i load srb2s color pallette to the xwe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back