Sonic Unleashed: PS3/X360, or Wii/PS2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indy94

速度の騎士!!!
Which version do you prefer?

I have both versions (PS3/Wii), and I find the PS3 version alot better. Graphics, stages, hubs, everything. The Wii version is "meh". Not really as good, but ok. The final stage can kinda be put together. Destroy shield, hit PDG's eyes, that can go together. The only thing I don't like, night stages. They are good, but they linger on forever...

Anyway, which version?

Eh, the 360/PS3 versions are more fun when you memorize the levels; which is a problem since the game literally forces you to memorize the levels to progress. Though once you finally do, the game turns out to be much more fun than the Wii/PS2 version.

The Wii/PS2 in my opinion, is much more fun on the first playthrough than the 360/PS3 versions due to how forgiving it is compared to the 360/PS3 versions. Though doesn't have enough of a lasting appeal.

The only thing the Wii version has on the HD versions is the fact the final boss isn't complete shit. And frankly, I enjoyed Egg Dragoon more than enough to forgive the broken mess that was the Dark Gaia fight anyway. Not that the horrendous nighttime:daytime level ratio helps either.

I own all versions, I would rank them like this:

1. PS3
2. 360
3. Wii
4. PS2

I put the PS3 version first because it runs at a consistant 60FPS while the 360 version runs at a lower frame rate though is more vibrant.

I really love the PS3/360 version, the Wii/PS2 version is still decent in my opinion.

The PS3 isn't clocked at 60FPS. So it often goes below and makes it look even uglier then the 360 version.

I have both versions. I thought the Wii was supposed to have a more Nightime:Day ratio. But really, it doesn't.

The Wii's version levels can be completed in 4-10 minutes. While the 360/PS3 usually triples that amount. Though, the Wii can't handle a gigantic level. So they split it.
Its not the Wii has more Nightime action, its just that it isn't as powerful to handle big and robust levels.

I find them both awesome. I got really pissed with the 360 version, since like another user said. You had to memorize the whole level. After you memorized the level, the game was much more fun.

One thing I didn't like is that there were no Empire City in the Wii version, oh.. Mazuri too. The HD version also had its faults. (Medal collecting)

The PS3 isn't clocked at 60FPS. So it often goes below and makes it look even uglier then the 360 version.

I have both versions. I thought the Wii was supposed to have a more Nightime:Day ratio. But really, it doesn't.

The Wii's version levels can be completed in 4-10 minutes. While the 360/PS3 usually triples that amount. Though, the Wii can't handle a gigantic level. So they split it.
Its not the Wii has more Nightime action, its just that it isn't as powerful to handle big and robust levels.

I find them both awesome. I got really pissed with the 360 version, since like another user said. You had to memorize the whole level. After you memorized the level, the game was much more fun.

One thing I didn't like is that there were no Empire City in the Wii version, oh.. Mazuri too. The HD version also had its faults. (Medal collecting)

If your running Sonic Unleashed PS3 on a SDTV, then yes it will drop more often than the 360 version. But if your playing it on a HDTV then it does run at a consistent 60FPS (and drops in the same places as the 360 version, though is more noticeable on the PS3 version)

If your running Sonic Unleashed PS3 on a SDTV, then yes it will drop more often than the 360 version. But if your playing it on a HDTV then it does run at a consistent 60FPS (and drops in the same places as the 360 version, though is more noticeable on the PS3 version)

Then it doesn't run at a consistent 60 fps if it drops in the same places as the 360 version.

Anywho last time I checked the PS3 version has some pretty bad draw-distance on some of the objects in the levels (like the blades of the Windmills in Apotos), and I dislike how the PS3's textures are little blurrier in some places. So yeah, I prefer the 360 version despite its inconsistent 30 fps.

I've seen gameplay videos of both versions and I'd say that the HD ones look a lot cooler and funner to play.

You'll be pissed with both versions, so I really don't have a favorite. Play the Wii version and break your arms off shaking the remote constantly or spamming L/R. Play the 360 and spam heavy attack.

The daytime levels don't make the game feel any better. It still feels like a really terrible gimmick.

I've seen gameplay videos of both versions and I'd say that the HD ones look a lot cooler and funner to play.

Ha ha!
The HD versions look good when played by an expert. Your first time playing will drive you nuts in a lot of the levels.
"What? A death pit right after a boost sequence?"
"I was supposed to press a certain button here?"
"Wait.. I failed this QTE so I have to start over?"
"!?!"

Though, once you get past that part. Then it'll be cool and fun to play.

I own all versions, I would rank them like this:

1. PS3
2. 360
3. Wii
4. PS2

I put the PS3 version first because it runs at a consistant 60FPS while the 360 version runs at a lower frame rate though is more vibrant.

I really love the PS3/360 version, the Wii/PS2 version is still decent in my opinion.

Why would you get every version of the game? You could have spent it on a game that is actually good, and that you haven't already played at least four times.

I only owned the Wii version. I didn't like it.

Why would you get every version of the game? You could have spent it on a game that is actually good, and that you haven't already played at least four times.

I only owned the Wii version. I didn't like it.

I first got the Wii and 360 version but I played the PS3 version over a friends house and I thought it played better than the 360 version so I got it again and the PS2 version was £2 so eh.... I even have all 4 versions of Sonic Heroes, xD.

I own the Wii version but, I choose the X360 version over that. The one thing that only bothers me about the 360 version...
EggmanLand.

Maybe it's wrong to think this way, but I love Eggmanland because of the ridiculous (even if fake) difficulty. I mean, think about it. Eggman has a nation to himself in order to build that place that he's been trying to for the better part of, oh say, a decade? It's practically his fucking magnum opus, pretty much his dream project come true, and it wouldn't feel right if it were anything but sadistically, masochistically difficult.

And just in achieving that much, it manages to be the single most memorable level in the entire game, regardless of whether or not in a good way. I mean, you should've seen the buzz about that level shortly after release. "Hey guys, did you hear Eggman made Eggmanland into his own country? And that it's harder than dodging rain in a fucking cyclone?" or something along those lines was a pretty common thing to see, and just the mere mention of the name carries an aura of intimidation that even Scrap Brain can't compare to. Honestly, we need more games with this kind of endgame climax, except maybe minus the fake difficulty bit - I kinda miss the feeling of making it to the last level of a game and actually feeling like I'm gonna be in for a goddamned nightmare of a level, too many games these days pussy out at that stage and end up under-delivering.

Dark Gaia is still an immensely shit boss though. *shot*

EggmanLand for me wasn't that hard.

It was just hard at first since you didn't know where rails ended or what traps were ahead.
Well, I think getting 2 versions of the same game would be fine. As in, 360/Wii. As they are pretty much the same game.

But getting the same game on all platforms? Wii is PS2 upgraded and 360 is equal to the PS3.

I played the PS2/Wii version, I don't really like them, mainly because there are so many night stages and they go on forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back