The Server is Problem In SRB2 2.2.7

Most people have a problem connecting to the Master Server when they open the game unmodified.

I've also been having... I guess a similar situation, at least from what I can try to translate from that gibberish.

for some reason, each and every time I try to go into the multiplayer menu to join a server or even start one, it constantly says "There was an error connecting to the Master Server." and I don't have a clue what is wrong.

I've also been having... I guess a similar situation, at least from what I can try to translate from that gibberish.

for some reason, each and every time I try to go into the multiplayer menu to join a server or even start one, it constantly says "There was an error connecting to the Master Server." and I don't have a clue what is wrong.

Thats probably just the Master server that went down. It's completely normal, it gets fixed after a few minutes or hours.

Then the problem I've been having is much different, as I just tried to go into the Multiplayer menu, and it gave me the error message once again. what's even weirder is that even when I left the menu and went to the singleplayer save menu, the message randomly popped up again.

Then the problem I've been having is much different, as I just tried to go into the Multiplayer menu, and it gave me the error message once again. what's even weirder is that even when I left the menu and went to the singleplayer save menu, the message randomly popped up again.

Do you have any screenshots taken or a description of what the error says?

I can't acess it. I need permission in order to acess the file, you can try other options to show images like imgur.com that i would defenetly recommend.

I saw the gif, it was kinda difficult to see what was in the console tho you might see the error problem in the log that it's located as an txt file on your srb2 folder. Also I gotta ask if you did accept srb2 to enter your firewall and if you reinstalled the game

I saw the gif, it was kinda difficult to see what was in the console tho you might see the error problem in the log that it's located as an txt file on your srb2 folder. Also I gotta ask if you did accept srb2 to enter your firewall and if you reinstalled the game

well, i actually had the 2.2.6 release, and I just updated it to 2.2.8 with the new patch that got released, and it was working just fine when it was in the 2.2.6 release, but I think something probably got screwed up in the translation from 2.2.6 to 2.2.8.

well, i actually had the 2.2.6 release, and I just updated it to 2.2.8 with the new patch that got released, and it was working just fine when it was in the 2.2.6 release, but I think something probably got screwed up in the translation from 2.2.6 to 2.2.8.

Hmm.... I think you're right. Maybe you need to install the full version and move your saving files to the folder with the full version :/ (In case you don't know, the files are gamedata.dat that saves your statistics about the game and the srb2savXX files (XX means the number of the save file) that saves the slots you made in singleplayer.)

Hmm.... I think you're right. Maybe you need to install the full version and move your saving files to the folder with the full version :/ (In case you don't know, the files are gamedata.dat that saves your statistics about the game and the srb2savXX files (XX means the number of the save file) that saves the slots you made in singleplayer.)

oh. oh no. the Gamedata.dat was probably what caused it?
well shoot.

You see, I had played SRB2 on a MAC for a while and I got pretty far into the game, even working really hard to get all emeralds, so when I got a new Windows, I ported over the Gamedata.dat and the srb2sav.ssg file and put them in, and it worked, that was when it was 2.2.6, both versions were 2.2.6, so I guess that's why it worked then, but it broke once I put the 2.2.8 patch files in.

oh. oh no. the Gamedata.dat was probably what caused it?
well shoot.

You see, I had played SRB2 on a MAC for a while and I got pretty far into the game, even working really hard to get all emeralds, so when I got a new Windows, I ported over the Gamedata.dat and the srb2sav.ssg file and put them in, and it worked, that was when it was 2.2.6, both versions were 2.2.6, so I guess that's why it worked then, but it broke once I put the 2.2.8 patch files in.

I was suggesting you to install and move the gamedata but idk if thats the problem XD The problem could be that you did install 2.2.6 for Mac and when you moved to Windows you installed the Windows patch. Idk that could be the problem, if it isn't then reinstall the game for the current platform youre using and move the save files like you did with 2.2.6 and see if it works.

Ok so last night I tried to reinstall the game into a different folder
Yeah the multiplayer menu works again, so it probably was that, if not something completely different

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back