SRB2 in Sonic 06!?

It's kind of interesting how they were able to recreate the stages in P-06, but the contrast between playing Modern Sonic in SRB2 vs playing SRB2 in P-06 highlights some of the problems P-06 still has. Sonic is so slooooooow.

It's kind of interesting how they were able to recreate the stages in P-06, but the contrast between playing Modern Sonic in SRB2 vs playing SRB2 in P-06 highlights some of the problems P-06 still has. Sonic is so slooooooow.

I'd say it's more of a scaling issue. The level port here is huge compared to Sonic, so it's only natural that he will traverse through it more slowly. That's not to say that he would navigate through it full SRB2 speed if the scaling was done properly though.

I'm sorry but it looks kinda bad. Sonic 2006 doesn't have the good gameplay nor good look for the colorful world of SRB2.

It's a remake of GFZ 1 and 2 in Sonic P-06, and unlike the actual 06, it looks fun to play. What do you guys think?

some of the problems P-06 still has.

It's not though, It's running on the original game engine from 2006, not the more recent / polished P-06 remake from ChaosX

"This video shows off the Greenflower Zone Mod by Knuxfan24 in Sonic The Hedgehog (2006) PS3 / X360 (Xenia)"

Looks interesting, eventhough the more advanced lighting makes textures look washed out. I'm guessing this is because they still haven't figured out how to change post processing and lighting.

Last edited:
I saw the original a looooongg time ago, and it was basically what reminded me that SRB2 existed. Now it isn’t the world’s best thing, but it looks actually fun to play, and Sonic 06’s slow engine actually benefits the slow-pace exploration you’d wanna do in this larger scale map. It’s really neat, and although it isn’t perfect, it does have the necessary nostalgia and functionality that I’d hope for and saw in this. Really great stuff.

Your right about the serious tone of 06 but if you take the glitches out of the game how would it be?

Even then, 06 is considerably slow unless the scene/portion of the stage is scripted to be fast. Now I could be entirely wrong considering I’ve never played 06, but honestly without the game’s glitches, it wouldn’t have the reputation it has now, even if it is a bad one.

Even then, 06 is considerably slow unless the scene/portion of the stage is scripted to be fast. Now I could be entirely wrong considering I’ve never played 06, but honestly without the game’s glitches, it wouldn’t have the reputation it has now, even if it is a bad one.

Without the glitches it would just be painfully mediocre and forgettable, aside from it's cringe story. To be worth playing it would need to actually be a properly functioning, finished game. I've even heard a rumor that the build of the game that released was actually built on top of an earlier build of the game than the E3 build because they somehow ended up losing it, causing them to have to rush even harder to meet the holiday deadline due to actually losing a chunk of progress. No idea if that's true, though.

Without the glitches it would be..... Sonic Adventure 3

Jokes aside, you should check out the new remaster, all the characters move much faster and control a whole lot better, especially tails with his expanded moveset. The mach-speed sections are no longer janky since you can control your movement mid-air, and the glitches are pretty much non-existent in it.

The tone and story is all subjective stuff so whether you like it or not is all personal preferences, It's not without its flaws but it's also not the worst story I've ever seen. is it the fastest or best Sonic game ever made? probably not, but it's certainly not as bad as people make it seem.

Also now we're just going off-topic so to get back to the topic: I'm curious how well this would play in the recent remaster, they have better tools to work with too so I suppose they can have more control over the lighting and post-processing to make it suit the stage better.

Last edited:
Without the glitches it would be..... Sonic Adventure 3

Jokes aside, you should check out the new remaster, all the characters move much faster and control a whole lot better, especially tails with his expanded moveset. The mach-speed sections are no longer janky since you can control your movement mid-air, and the glitches are pretty much non-existent in it.

The tone and story is all subjective stuff so whether you like it or not is all personal preferences, It's not without its flaws but it's also not the worst story I've ever seen. is it the fastest or best Sonic game ever made? probably not, but it's certainly not as bad as people make it seem.

Also now we're just going off-topic so to get back to the topic: I'm curious how well this would play in the recent remaster, they have better tools to work with too so I suppose they can have more control over the lighting and post-processing to make it suit the stage better.

Wish i had a computer to play the remaster

Without the glitches it would just be painfully mediocre and forgettable, aside from it's cringe story. To be worth playing it would need to actually be a properly functioning, finished game.
I agree, it kinda baffles me that people are still unironically trying to defend 06 as if anything from it was salvageable...

PS: and yeah, it's basically Sonic Adventure 3 without the name.

Wish i had a computer to play the remaster

Depending on your computer specs you might be able to run it decently if you lower the graphical settings in the options menu, for me personally it ran fine since I've got a GTX1050ti, it's getting a bit old but I plan to replace it soon.

Huh...
I still have memories of playing 06 and I regret having them
I always saw it but never thought it would be possible but because the 06 engine sucks the gameplay also sucks too but it's only because of the game itself not the mod.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back