Editing the integrated players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonS65

I want to ask how can I edit the integrated characters information. For example- The details that are given for Sonic in character select menu can be changed?

You do that by editing some lines of text in the source code of Sonic Robo Blast 2, and then compiling a new version of Sonic Robo Blast 2.

That is, sadly, the only way I know of that would work.

I forgot player select text is stored in MainCfg format, not S_Skin format. That's my honest mistake there. But additionally, that wouldn't allow altering text, so he'd have to disable "change-wanted" characters. If we say he wants to edit Sonic's text, but not Tails', Knuckles', or Sonic & Tails', yet still want it in order, he'd have to disable the four main entries, add a custom Sonic entry, then add the vanilla other entries. Totally possible, of course, I just forgot that.

But if he means anything in S_Skin (such as changing K.T.E in Knuckles' HudName to Knuckles), some of the stuff (see the example) can't be altered through SOCs nor Lua. Even the HudName can't be altered on-screen as far as I'm aware (at least not without a huge lot of Lua).

how about, in a new MAINCFG, just put this:

Code:
character 0
skinname = Sonic
status = 1
Picname = CHRSONIC
playertext = 
Your Description here...

Can have paragraphs
Hashtag ends the entry
#

This edits Sonic's Character select entry. Use it as you please!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back