Spriting a Stickman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapheros

I really didn't want to have to do this, but I'm looking forward to respriting Duon for my failed Duon.wad. However, because of my childish indecencies, I'm currently banned from the chat, basically saying "We don't care about your complaining, go learn art."

And since i have NO idea who to message for advice on spriting without them giving up on me, I'm making a thread for my attempts on Spriting Duon the Adventurer (I pray to God this doesn't get locked, or else I'm so doomed!)

Ok, this was recently put on chat just before I was banned, I'd like to hear some suggestions and advice on trying to sprite him. This was a quickly drawn way of trying to sprite him. Should I try again, or do I need to put better detail on something?

317gpyq.png

There's nothing to put detail into. You said it yourself- it's a stickman. Undoubtedly the most uninteresting, unimpressive, and plainest thing ever.

I know it seems easy, but you won't get better unless you challenge yourself and you won't do be doing that with a stick man, even if he isn't completely made up of simple lines.

From all things, making a stickman is kind of far from being a good choice for anything. Be it for a WAD or just for spriting, making a stickman does not helps you really improve your detailing, shading, or anything at all. To be honest, the way you're doing doesn't helps in basic anatomy either.

If you want my advice, you will be better off spriting or drawing anything more detailed. What I would recommend before you try to make a whole character is taking a lot of papers to draw in, and maybe look up tutorials to take notes on how to improve as an artist, as well ask for advice when you do something. Until you do that, I'm sorry to say it, but a stick man is just not interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back