Projectile question

Status
Not open for further replies.
i will try to explain this the better way i can..

is it possible to make a bullet hole?
for example, in real life, when you shoot a wall, the wall stays with a hole, you know, the hole that the bullet makes.

is it possilble to do that in srb2?

You could create a scenery object that is essentially a black dot, and have the bullet spawn that object in its deathstate. The problem here is that it would also put a "hole" in midair if it hit something like a player or an enemy. For this, you might be able to cause the bullet itself to be a missile, which spawns another of itself on death, so that it would only keep existing if it were constantly colliding with something. The flaw there is that it would turn the bullethole damaging, perhaps you could use A_FindTarget to constantly target the nearest player to resolve that issue though...

This really shouldn't be that complicated. x.x

i dindt understand a thing of what you said,but looks complicated and i have no SOCing experience, so forget that xD
my idea was to make a stupid clown char that trows pies =D

I'm not sure this sort of thing is a good idea for SRB2, let alone possible.

It's not like this game can allow you to make anything you want to make...

Well, back during 1.08 or whatever all missiles/bullets left a marking on a wall. (Ex. Eggman's laser [YES It's a laser], SPMoves: Fox's gun) It seems to have been removed in 1.09.4 or something but I'm pretty sure if you do "splats on" in the console it'll reactivate em.

That's what people think, but it doesn't work. I asked the same question a while back and got the same answer. It doesn't work.

The splats were kinda buggy and were removed, but I'm sure you could re-enable them with a little source modification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back