Super Smash Bros [Wii U | 3DS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, I don't see what everyone has against Windy Hills. It looks really nice actually.

The creators may as well just make the old Brawl Green Hill Zone stage look a little bit better and call it a day since they basically took Sonic from Brawl and slapped a new model on top of his moveset.

Wait, so you would rather want the devs include a half-assed port of a mediocre stage from Brawl than include something entirely new?

Also, the game isn't fully complete yet, so we don't know for sure whether Sonic's movesets will be copied from Brawl's or not.

It looks roughly identical, and they wouldn't showcase an aspect that wasn't complete

Gotta love the custom moves idea though. This maybe one of the greatest new ideas for the new SSB game.

I'm actually really against custom moves. It makes up learning matchups that much harder when you have to take into account every single custom move.

That's why it's not a part of online play (unless he said it was used in For Fun mode--I can't remember). It's purely a feature for casual and creative use with friends.

I think it's excluded from both forms of global online play. not sure about friendslist matches

I think it's excluded from both forms of global online play. not sure about friendslist matches

This. It is excluded from any online mode, including friend matches.

Viewing this game, its pretty much a fusion of Brawl and Melee, with extra stuff. That one 3DS exclusive mode thingy (forgot the name) where players go and fight subspace enemies and enemies from other franchises to raise states for an online match, that seems pretty fun.

I'm more of an offline player though. My best fighters for Brawl were Sonic, Toon Link, Pikachu, and Red.
I am good with all characters really, but my worst character list would be Gannon, Dedede, and Mario. Thats right, Mario was always my least favorite fighter. I highly prefer Luigi over Mario. He has no good airial attacks, and his ground attacks are pretty weak.

Not that I was any good at Brawl (when I was actually playing it I didn't really understand mechanics of games too well) but I enjoyed using Dedede, Sonic, sometimes Lucario...I guess that's it. Not much in the roster for me in Brawl.

This current roster is looking good though, even some returning characters seem more appealing and don't get me started on most of the newcomers.

I am good with all characters really, but my worst character list would be Gannon, Dedede, and Mario. Thats right, Mario was always my least favorite fighter. I highly prefer Luigi over Mario. He has no good airial attacks, and his ground attacks are pretty weak.

Brawl took a serious shit on Mario, and as far as I'm concerned it's one of the reasons Brawl itself is a pile of shit compared to the previous entries.

I know this was posted four days ago and all, but custom move sets are usable with friends, the Nintendo direct confirms it when discussing custom move sets.

Also, I'm not really sure which character I'll make my main, but I do usually role with marth in brawl now so... if he's still quite similar in SSB4, i'll likely use him a lot.

Mario's side and down special moves are just useless and putting a meteor smash as is front aerial attack is the worst idea ever. About Dedede he is one of my main character, the secret with him is to master is down special move.

Last edited:
The secret to Dedede:

* Figure out if you can chaingrab the opponent
* Chaingrab the opponent

Viewing this game, its pretty much a fusion of Brawl and Melee, with extra stuff. That one 3DS exclusive mode thingy (forgot the name) where players go and fight subspace enemies and enemies from other franchises to raise states for an online match, that seems pretty fun.

I'm more of an offline player though. My best fighters for Brawl were Sonic, Toon Link, Pikachu, and Red.

My top 5 were always Sonic (gotta love dem attack chains.. it always pissed my friend off as he had the notion Sonic was the worst character in the game, and I beat him on several occasions as him), Toon Link, Meta Knight, Pit, and R.O.B.

Anyways, back on topic, I am actually looking forward to the new smash bros, as there seem to be many interesting characters, and I also admit, I cannot wait to do a Mario vs. Megaman vs. Sonic match.

Also, the whole custom moves mechanic look quite interesting, seems vaguely similar to custom setups in Playstation All-Stars, with the exeption that All-Stars' custom setups did not affect gameplay at all.

Also, the whole custom moves mechanic look quite interesting, seems vaguely similar to custom setups in Playstation All-Stars, with the exeption that All-Stars' custom setups did not affect gameplay at all.

If Smash can take anything from Playstation All-Stars it was character customization and having stages that are unique but not annoying as hell to play as.

Seriously... they managed to have a scrolling stage that was not only playable and fair, but fun. Sakurai has no excuse.

Seriously... they managed to have a scrolling stage that was not only playable and fair, but fun. Sakurai has no excuse.

I haven't played All Stars, but to my knowledge you don't kill a person by throwing them off the edge of a map. I think it's a bit pointed to say Sakurai doesn't have an excuse given this fundamental difference in game mechanics.

It's true that killing didn't occur the same way, but you could still be left behind by the map/fall off and respawn and be stunned, opening you up to be killed.
The thing that the stage did correctly was it scrolled very slowly and then stopped at certain sections for a decent amount of time. Rather than bramble falls (or whatever it was called) which just sped the hell up making you focus on nothing else except platforming.

Hell, that game had an option to turn off stage hazards without modifying the actual layout (aside from the scrolling stage, which just took place at the top of the level if that setting was on). Smash Bros could probably do this.

As underrated (imo) and as flawed as All-Stars was, Smash could do well to take some things from it.

It's true that killing didn't occur the same way, but you could still be left behind by the map/fall off and respawn and be stunned, opening you up to be killed.
The thing that the stage did correctly was it scrolled very slowly and then stopped at certain sections for a decent amount of time. Rather than bramble falls (or whatever it was called) which just sped the hell up making you focus on nothing else except platforming.

Hell, that game had an option to turn off stage hazards without modifying the actual layout (aside from the scrolling stage, which just took place at the top of the level if that setting was on). Smash Bros could probably do this.

As underrated (imo) and as flawed as All-Stars was, Smash could do well to take some things from it.
Almost all the stages have a "Final Destination" version in Smash 4. So the player can play with the stage hazard or not whatever they want.
Gerudo Valley's Final Destination version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back