hey, veterans, what was the first model(s) you saw for srb2?

Ah, yes, I had to actually load up my old 1.09.4 install to remember what those looked like.

2mObCHq.png

eryBBoF.png

It was a simpler time.

@I'll Begin, can you send me these md2 pack in PM please, If yes I would be very grateful.

I remember using a bunch of really janky ports from Sonic Heroes or something way back in the Final Demo days. They sucked but they were 3D so to my 10-14 year old brain they were the coolest thing ever.

The current Lonelyfoxz/JeckJim models are so above and beyond it's actually crazy. Doom source ports have a long and storied history of people trying to implement 3D models and they've never been as good as they are for SRB2 right now.

It's been so long I don't even remember. I know it was before version 2.0, definitely one of the 1.09.x versions, but I don't remember the other specifics. Though, I don't think there was a lot of variety back then.

It's been so long I don't even remember. I know it was before version 2.0, definitely one of the 1.09.x versions, but I don't remember the other specifics. Though, I don't think there was a lot of variety back then.
Same here. From my experience, models just weren't quite as popular in past versions of SRB2, at least not compared to recent years.

I believe it was the Wizard and Jeck Jims models? Back in the Climax Age unless there was custom models included with the WAD you were using very few people actually used the MD2s as little support was given to them back then. I used the Jeck Jims models back at that time and it suuuucked that colors were basically uncustomizable except by going to the textures themselves. This was back in 2013 and after 2.1 came out MD2 support suddenly became this "Oh shit we have this now?" thing and people like DUDE began using it after OpenGL support began improving.

Oh, I have no idea, it was probably some ancient 1.09.4 stuff. I only have memory for some stuff like Heavenlytails' work, Golden Ruins, Mystic's stuff, I was a very level pack sort of weenie and I still am, going through the 2.2 releases section on occasion for more levels.

the first models i've ever seen were jeck jims srb2kart? idk. or it was jeck jims 2.2, or logan mccloud 2.1

Last edited:
The first models I saw were the Wizards. Oh boy how I love these models, I still have them today (Sonic, Tails and Knuckles). It was so cool when there were modifications and wads of this model, too bad other Wizard models are lost like Metal Sonic, Silver, Jet and etc.

first models that i saw for srb2? definitely was the 2.1 logan's models, when i was a little more younger i tried installing it on 2.2 without knowing that it wouldn't work XD

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back