Zone Builder Glitches

Hi, I know I've been posting a lot of threads in the help section lately but I encountered some game-breaking problems when working on my OLDC level. It started when I tested my map like normal, but I noticed there was an invisible wall stopping me from going backwards. I tested from the beginning of my level, and I encountered more glitches (I guess I can't upload the screenshots without posting the account I use on my PC).

First, in the beginning of the level, all of the flat terrain was mirrored onto the ceiling. This did not include any objects, floating platforms, or any other platforms.
Next, in another part of the level, the floor is also mirrored onto the ceiling, as well as a wall that I placed for the player to climb, making it impossible to pass, and my level impossible to complete. Beyond that wall, I placed a speed sneakers monitor on a platform, but the monitor was gone and there was an invisible wall going up to the ceiling.

Does anyone know what may be happening? The last thing I want to do is restart my level, or quit, because I was really looking forward to entering the OLDC.

Nodebuilder errors. Try using the "make sectors" tool on troublesome areas, and make sure that your control sectors and skyboxes aren't super far away from the main level itself

I’ll try the make sectors tool, I already have my control sectors right next to where I am using them. I don’t know if this could help some parts, because the floor in the first part of the level doesn’t use any effects, but it’s reflected on the ceiling with different textures.

I tried using the Make Sectors tool and moving the control sectors closer to the map, and it did nothing. I did try adjusting the ceilings, but all that did was mirror the ENTIRE level onto the ceiling now, instead of just certain parts. I don't know what to do, and if I can't find a solution soon I might just restart.

Update

I realized that whenever I save the map, ZoneBuilder creates a separate backup wad. I was able to go back to one of the backups from before the glitch happened, and now it's going great! I can finally get back to working on the level. One last thing: I read on the wiki that to make bobbing platforms in water, you use linedef type 160. I downloaded the example wad and put it in ZB so I could look at it, and it was simple. When I tried to use it in my level, the platforms just sank to the bottom and created a hole in the water. Anyone have a solution?

Make sure you actually include the water FOF with the bobbing platform.
You can do this by copying the properties of the water control linedef to another linedef of the sector, then making the tag the same as the bobbing platform.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back