• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

My version of the Sonic and Knuckles fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelBJ245

I was so amazed (and most likely puzzled) by Knuckles' new swimming sprites I wanted to brew up a recreation of the Sonic and Knuckles fusion most people don't know (that being, I won't tell what it is).
You could say I'm at the first phase of creation since I don't know how I should make it.
And in case you're wondering, I'm not fully fledged with making characters from scratch, by which I mean I'm not a complete sprite-maker yet I'm also not good with LUA either.
I could ask some pros to help but that would just make me a beggar.
Here's two ideas I already have:
  • Use Knuckles as a base and edit him into Sonic
  • Use Sonic as a base and edit him into Knuckles
Ideas and suggestions are very welcome to this thread.

Attachments

• STNDA1.png
    STNDA1.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 1,050
Last edited:
That's a weird thing to do, since I think Knuckles sprite is based in Sonic's (that's my guess, I'd do it too if I were making this game's sprites)
I'd recommend you starting with Gimp for spriting, if you got a software already, maybe throwing something from your part would be the best way to start this threat.

I have an idea.
Thoglide (I need to think of a new name..)
It's the thok, except you can climb walls if you thok into them

I think that just gliding with a good actionspd would be enough.
Edit: I had an even better idea! Speed Glide, you glide at the same speed a Thok would go, but if you glide into a wall, you'll crash and bounce off. I could also script it, I know some Lua.
Edit 2: I've completed the Speed Glide move. Some things changed from the original idea, but yeah, it's finished. [I'm horrible at naming abilities lmao]
Pressing Jump mid-air will make you do a Speed Glide. It's a combination of the Glide and Thok abilities.
attachment.php

Touching a wall will make you cling into it, but you can't move while you're clinged to a wall, and letting go of Jump will automatically make you jump to the other side, so it's more like a wall jump. I call it the Wall Punch.
attachment.php

You can always cancel this move by pressing Spin while clinged to a wall.
Update: Added a ''''''''new'''''''' super move.
attachment.php

Edit: I did a custom skincolor for him.
attachment.php

I'd suggest moving the belly a pixel to the right though.
Update: I did a new supercolor too!
attachment.php

Attachments

• srb20138.gif
    6.4 MB · Views: 1,293
  • srb20139.gif
    8 MB · Views: 1,164
  • srb20146.gif
    6.6 MB · Views: 1,025
  • srb20170.jpg
    srb20170.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 1,105
  • srb20173.gif
    6.4 MB · Views: 848
Last edited:
I think that just gliding with a good actionspd would be enough.
Edit: I had an even better idea! Speed Glide, you glide at the same speed a Thok would go, but if you glide into a wall, you'll crash and bounce off. I could also script it, I know some Lua.
Edit 2: I've completed the Speed Glide move. Some things changed from the original idea, but yeah, it's finished. [I'm horrible at naming abilities lmao]
Pressing Jump mid-air will make you do a Speed Glide. It's a combination of the Glide and Thok abilities.
attachment.php

Touching a wall will make you cling into it, but you can't move while you're clinged to a wall, and letting go of Jump will automatically make you jump to the other side, so it's more like a wall jump. I call it the Wall Punch.
attachment.php

You can always cancel this move by pressing Spin while clinged to a wall.
Update: Added a ''''''''new'''''''' super move.
attachment.php

Edit: I did a custom skincolor for him.
[why isn't this working]
I'd suggest moving the belly a pixel to the right though.

Dayum that's really cool man!, i wish i had the balls , the patience, and the skills like yours, but i sux and i'm a loser lol

I guess you guys can take the lead on this one. I can't continue on with this project myself since I'm too much a criss-cross applesauce to do so.
I won't be here when I have nothing to do or say, but if you need something, you can always call for me. I'll be navigating as a guest.

Well, if anyone wants to continue the mod's sprites, I have a full script there for the character. I'm no spriter though, so I can't continue the whole proyect by myself.

Well, if anyone wants to continue the mod's sprites, I have a full script there for the character. I'm no spriter though, so I can't continue the whole proyect by myself.

I could but i'm not a nice spriter, i'm even struggling to draw Zero The Gravity Breaker. which hasn't turned into a sprite and his main skill is still not scripted, and seems easier since there's an map that there are "conveyors that changes gravity on touch"

In that case, I managed to get a few more sprites into the character before I quit.

Attachments

• STNDA2A8.png
    STNDA2A8.png
    2 KB · Views: 409
  • STNDA3A7.png
    STNDA3A7.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 413
  • STNDA4A6.png
    STNDA4A6.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 407
  • STNDA5.png
    STNDA5.png
    2 KB · Views: 414
I could but i'm not a nice spriter, i'm even struggling to draw Zero The Gravity Breaker. which hasn't turned into a sprite and his main skill is still not scripted, and seems easier since there's an map that there are "conveyors that changes gravity on touch"

I could help with that. There's probably a function that lets me easily swap the gravity around, and I could easily set it to a button if so. Only thing is that it would probably break levels that don't have a proper roof. I'll send you the concept through DMs if I get to do something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back