Sonic 4: Episode 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not the only one still hearing the 'dying cats' soundfont on the title and end of act tally screens, am I? God, I was really hoping they'd fix that. I'm not asking for perfect Genesis-quality music, but... if you can't do retro, don't even try! Just do orchestral stuff like Generations, everyone was fine with that! You're good at that, Sega!

I'd try to comment on the gameplay more, but that's a little difficult since people are pressing the camera directly into Sonic's face.

Eh, have another video, anyway. OK, I believe the physics HAVE been fixed this time around. This is good! I like that! Here's the problem. The level design is so automated and Rush-like it looks like you don't even get a chance to USE them. The boosters and such were in Episode 1 to cover up the physics, so now that they're gone, they aren't really needed.

Last edited:
Well, apart from that weird walking through loops "bug", the level design is solid and the gimmicks are spread out and explained.

I think we have a good game in our hands.

"Bringing back an old zone" What's that going to be. Has to do with the story... Metal Sonic... Stardust Speedway? Hidden Palace? Hm..

It wouldn't surprise me if the old zone they're bringing back is Wing Fortress (in the form of Sky Fortress), and it's important to the story because it's how Sonic and Tails get to the Little Planet.

EDIT: No PC version? Why can't Sega just use an emulator like they did with Generations PC?

Last edited:
No PC version? Why can't Sega just use an emulator like they did with Generations PC?

Multiple articles said:
Sonic 4: Episode 2 will be released on Xbox LIVE Arcade, PSN, PC, iOS, Android and Windows Phone later this year. There will be no WiiWare version.

Unless Sega are being absolute idiots and saying it will be on PC before saying it isn't, then I highly doubt it won't be on PC.

Sonic 4: Episode METAL - Now with more boosters and Stardust Speedway
mmmmu.png

sssssuo.png

TOO. MUCH. SPRINGS. SEGAAAAAAAAA.

That's pretty much the first thing I noticed when I saw the first gameplay trailer. It doesn't seem like Dimps has changed their Rush style at all. I wish that they could actually think back to the Sonic Advance series, and then realize why all of this automated stuff doesn't work.

Most people seem to be fine with that kind of stuff, but for me it's just meh.

My theory is that most of the people who buy this game would get bored if the game ever made them do any real platforming, and feel good when the game just tosses them around everywhere so they can 'go fast'. :V That, or Dimps is lazy. Or hey, even both!

Also, here's what Sylvania Castle Act 1 sounds like. It doesn't sound like dead cats!

But it still doesn't sound any good.

Or maybe the trailer just shows footage of action-packed scenes just like every single Sonic trailer out there. :/

Several levels have been played in full and they do not play like a non-stop bounce fest.

White Park Zone 1 - Pretty automated and "springy"

Oh well, maybe "Industrial Crap Sack Zone" will be a little better when fully played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back