SRB2 Sprites and special stages in my game

Status
Not open for further replies.

toaster

トースタちゃん
Kart Krew™️
This is more related to the sprites themselves and their usage, so the Wiki and FAQ are useless here. I've read the rules again many times, so here goes:
Is it possible if I could include the SRB2 Sonic and Tails (And maybe Knuckles, but I don't think he'll be playable so much as the other two)
sprites in my game as special stages? I haven't released the engine yet, but it's very good- Just a few irritating glitches, no Springs, a test badnik, only one test level and only Sonic playable, that's all. I will release it if you need more proof of the game then a screen I have below:
screenshot.png

It's being made with Game Maker 7 Pro.
So, the question: Yay or Nay?
I hope this is alright. The game is 'SONIC TWILIGHT'.

Looks okay, I'd say that you could use them in the stages, however STjr would need to be in the credits (namely SSNTails) and depending on the graphic nature of the level would depend on whether the sprite fit in with the surrounding as they do in srb2

Also you need to recolor the Sonic sprite, its blue is too dark

That's a modern Sonic sprite, and I was planning on recolouring the SRB2 Sonic to fit this one.
And belive me, the graphics I will choose they will fit.
And SSN WILL be in the credits, yes.

Tapika the fox said:
That's a modern Sonic sprite, and I was planning on recolouring the SRB2 Sonic to fit this one.
And belive me, the graphics I will choose they will fit.
And SSN WILL be in the credits, yes.

Having said that you shouldn't have any trouble with it, It should be interesting

:)
By the way, for anyone who really wants to get to know this game:
PLOT:
Once upon a time there was a legendary being known as the Dreamcaster, who had the power of dreams. In depth, their powers are to turn into a near-invincible ghost like form, to change dreams, to create and destroy dreams, create bolts of lightning, and give away their power.
There was many Dreamcasters in history, but only one could exist at a time.
You could become a Dreamcaster by being heratige of the current Dreamcaster and next in line after he- or she- died, or using force to defeat the current Dreamcaster and the power will go to the closest being. You could also become one if the current Dreamcaster gives away his power to you.
The main Dreamcaster of this time of game is a silver fox by the name of Forte, who is 15.
Now, this may seem random exess information about something that will make a breif appearance. You are WRONG.
Eggman has monitored the Dream realm for quite some time, and decides that this would be a good place to start his empire. So he sends out Metal Sonic and some badniks under Metal's command, thinking that they would take the realm for Eggman.
He was wrong.
Metal, as you know if you played SH, is an insane maniac built on destruction who will do anything for power and will easily attempt to kill his master just to get his own way. So he escaped, and captured Forte, and forced him to give his power to him. He refuses. Until one day...
Metal had taken complete control of the realm. He would use his powers to KILL that damned hedgehog once and for all and use his dream changing powers to strike fear into everybody's heads.
But here's the thing about Dreamcasters.
You can't leave the realm until you have lost your powers.
Forte left and warned Sonic about the problems in the realm.
Sonic must now collect the Chaos Emeralds and destroy Metal once and for all!
But here's another thing.
The power to be resserrected.
Before the Dreamcaster would die, he would transfer his spirit into another object and the next time it gives birth he or she would return.
Metal would just return.
So it wouldn't be once and for all.
But at least Sonic can stop him... Or can he?

Yeah, I'd advise you to gtfo, really.

SRB2's sprites were made exclusively for SRB2, I'm not seeing AJ letting people use them in their whatevers, credit or no credit. Might I reccomend the Xtreme sprites?

The sprites you are using for Sonic right now are just fine, just make Sonic lighter. And I have to agree with the above post, I'd doubt SSNTails or any other member of Sonic Team Jr would let you use their sprites other than for modifying SRB2.

Currently I don't have a clue to do slopes- I need to get work on my ordinary platform problems first.
Give my greetings to Moonlander, Callum!
I'll try a genesis sprite...
But Sonic Xtreme does not work.
It's so overused and I need Tails too.
The thing with the engine is that it's just like SRB2- No slopes, probaly might not be and NOBODY SHOULD BUG ME ABOUT IT! >.<

SRB2's sprites aren't really drawn for a 2D game. The side sprite shows Sonic standing sideways, whereas you usually have Sonic (or any other character in any other 2D game, really) facing somewhat diagonally.

Shuffle:
Special stages are 3d. Didn't you catch that drift in the discussion?
Dreamcaster:
No.
I described the current dreamcaster clearly- Forte, a silver fox that's 15.
If you want a cameo, sux to be you right now, because I only accept MY FRIENDS that have GENESIS sprites.
And you can't be integrated in the story.
Blizzard:
Yes.

SRB2's sprites are not to be used in anything other than SRB2. Period. If you're looking for public domain Sonic sprites in 8 directions, try the Sonic Xtreme sprites.

Tapika the fox said:
No.
I described the current dreamcaster clearly- Forte, a silver fox that's 15.
If you want a cameo, sux to be you right now, because I only accept MY FRIENDS that have GENESIS sprites.
And you can't be integrated in the story.

I was kidding. I haven't made Dreamcaster Genesis sprites because really, Dreamcaster isn't my fanchar., Arson is. And a silver tails really isn't a good idea.

Forte's taller and older then Tails.
And he has one tail.
I'll use pimped Genesis sprites.

Well it looks good, very good, but the staff would never let you live while you have SRB2's sprites in it

Just a small question, how are those 3D special stages? Because if you can make the camera to be always behind the player, you may use S3K Special Stage sprites. I have a full set of those sprites (including all animations of the floor, both advancing and rotation), through with my broken computer I see it hard to send...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back