• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Matrix Script

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdog003

Hay guys! I haven't been able to come to the SRB2 mb for a while, and I probably won't be able to for a long time (until summer), but I just wanted to post this.

Code:
//       ,Wi          '  -   `        '~`                                     .
//       ]@`          ]L ,_    .        ..       ,.                e-
//     ,__.           V  '`    ~`      ~~`     ''~       !         W`        ,.
//      VM@W.    g@s.,W@-___m_     ]f~~Y@P~~*  ,!@~~Mi   i~@@~`  '@@@b   8f~ i
//       ]@@W. ,Wf@`  Ye-,AV@@s        ]@[ -.  ',@__g[   /i@@      `M@@./    -
//       ]K'M@mA` @    !g*==YM@.       ]@P~~8~~T8@~*@s.  ` @@      ,ZfM@m.
//       dP- ~f  =*    =*-   Y**======eWAf` . i*7*-  V*====**=   -Yf   '*M+i
//      'YA`                               -  .~8!         i
//        '      !!`          -.           ,s  .`

// Usage: CTRL   = Slowmo for 15 sec
//        SHIFT  = Slowmo for 30 sec

// Set hotkey here
alias offbind "bind ctrl; bind shift"
alias onbind "bind ctrl dosm; bind shift dobsm"

// You can tweak speed parameters here.
alias p "wait 2; pause; wait 2; pause"

// Do not edit anything beyond this point.
onbind

alias dosm "offbind; cechoduration 10; sm; cechoduration 5; onbind"
alias dobsm "offbind; cechoduration 30; bsm; cechoduration 5; onbind"

alias bsm "cecho \\\\\\\\\\:30; 4p; cecho \\\\\\\\\\:15; 3p; cecho \\\\\\\\\\:10; 3p; cecho \\\\\\\\\\:05; 2p; cecho \\\\\\\\\\:04; 2p; cecho \\\\\\\\\\:03; 2p; cecho \\\\\\\\\\:02; 2p; cecho \\\\\\\\\\:01; 2p; cecho"
alias sm "cecho \\\\\\\\\\:15; 3p; cecho \\\\\\\\\\:10; 3p; cecho \\\\\\\\\\:05; 2p; cecho \\\\\\\\\\:04; 2p; cecho \\\\\\\\\\:03; 2p; cecho \\\\\\\\\\:02; 2p; cecho \\\\\\\\\\:01; 2p; cecho"

alias 1p "p; p; p; p; p"            // 5 tics
alias 2p "1p; 1p; 1p"               // One seccond
alias 3p "2p; 2p; 2p; 2p; 2p"		// Five secconds
alias 4p "3p; 3p; 3p"				// Fifteen secconds
It's a slowmo MATRIX script. To use: Download / save into SRB2 directory, open console, type in exec slowmo.txt

Then, use CTRL to get 15 secconds of evil matrix 1/2 speed slowmotion, and use SHIFT to get 30 secconds of aftermentioned effect.

Works almost perfectly in one-player, works (but not great) in netgames.

It even slows down the clock, which makes it perfect for time attacking.

But, remember, though: You cannot stop it or talk before its allotted time expires, and it floods the console in netgames, which can make other players mad at you. It also kinda needs a computer capable of rendering a high framerate, because it pauses / unpauses once every two frames.

Well, other then that and the fact that it's utterly stupid, have fun!

That's true. A bit clumsy. I wanted to make it so that it only worked for as long as you held the button, but that would only be good in 1p, and if you pushed any other buttons while you held it, then it wouldn't work anymore.

Heh, this'll go awsome with the OGL matrix script, make everythibg green and slow. XD

Or I could go into my ATI driver settings and set the SmartShader filter to Green ASCII. But that makes it hard to see stuff. :P

How in the world do you save it into the srb2 directory? (I'm not a programming genius, or else I would have at least figured out how to USE a wad editor by now...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back