The Team Fortress 2 Topic (Or TTFTT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanyhead

Mimigas' Rights Activist
Well as far as I know, we don't have a topic on Team Fortess 2, and it is really awesome and discussable, so, say your favorite class, discuss the new weapon updates, or whatever!

For those unaware of it's existance: http://teamfortress.com/

Yep. My favorite class happens to be the Soldier for it's rocket launcher(i like launchers), but the funnest one to play is the Scout. I love it when I go up a ramp and kill 3 enemies in 1 life with my bat. However, the most unique one is the Spy, for disguises. It's certainly a game that needs to be bought, it's just too bad of that major code flaw that lets you do backstabs as a spy in the person's face and the how the code lowers your FPS down unless you have a good computer(Source engine is a REALLY powerful engine).

supersonic45 said:
it's just too bad of that major code flaw that lets you do backstabs as a spy in the person's face

Eh, I consider that to be a welcome side-effect given that it's pretty difficult these days to use the Spy efficiently. Pretty much everyone online will perform a spy check on a regular basis, which is bad news if you're even disguised. I recall just a night or two ago when I was trying out the Demoman a bit more (one of my lesser used classes), and one of my teammates proclaimed I was a spy, only to make a false alarm statement a second later. Also, remember that Valve makes regular updates to the game, so they may buff or nerf classes in order to preserve game balance, or fix glitches (the Spy had a lot of exploits early on, such as being able to stab while remaining cloaked/disguised).

Generally, I play as Soldier for strong offense, Pyro for stealth offense, Heavy for defense, and Medic for support. The other classes I don't have too much experience with. On occasion I decide to try another class just for the novelty of it.

I had an interesting go with the Engineer the other night (another class I haven't had much playtime with) when I set up a base in the enemy's sewers and got in about a dozen kills with a single sentry, before someone on their team came in and destroyed my sentry faster than the wrench could heal it. One of the tricks to playing Engineer is knowing where to set up base. Too far back and you don't have enough traffic, but too far forward and you make yourself obvious. Engineer buildings are powerful tools but you can't actually relocate without having to destroy your previous buildings and then rebuild from scratch (which can be a bit too lengthy for regions where there is heavy fighting). I just don't seem to have the ability to find the right spots to build on.

FoxBlitzz said:
Engineer buildings are powerful tools but you can't actually relocate without having to destroy your previous buildings and then rebuild from scratch (which can be a bit too lengthy for regions where there is heavy fighting). I just don't seem to have the ability to find the right spots to build on.

Thats why for the next set of Engineer weapons should be a cart, so you can bring your sentries and dispensers(Not tele porters, too abusing), and bring it to the next area. However, you could only carry 1 sentry/dispenser per cart ride, and if someone tried to attack you you couldn't defend.

Quite frankly, I think that's a pretty bad idea. If you were to cart around your sentry, you'd basically become the most powerful offense class in the game. You'd be able to use the thing as an auto-aiming weapon, and it'd take the skill out of everything. The deal with new weapons is that they must bring some new advantage while having their own disadvantages.

Thats why the Sentry and dispenser would be disabled while moving it, therefore you're still very open to attack until you took it off the cart(Which it's take a couple a seconds before it moved off the cart).

I think the Heavy's new melee weapon should be a chainsaw, and be like a melee minigun. (Thus having the same disadvantage that you get slowed down.) Also, I'm making a Sonic spray of every TF2 character in Sonic form, compiled like the game's splash:

Sonic Scout 100% (See avatar)
Engineer Tails 100% (See avatar)
Heavy Knuckles 100%
Medic Amy 1% (Concept)
Spy Rouge 100%
Demoman Bean 100%
Sniper Nack 1% (Concept)
Pyro Blaze 1% (Concept)
Soldier Gamma 1% (Concept, Currently have soldier EggPawn)

supersonic45, it needs to have more of a disadvantage than that, one that lies outside of the advantage, so that if you were to select the new item over the old one, you would gain something but also lose something, making both equal. If a cart is added to the game but the only disadvantages were to the cart itself, then you'd only really be adding something. Personally, I think the cart is a bad idea. It would only be trying to make the Engineer into something that he isn't. It'd be like giving the Spy a rocket launcher.

TF2 has got to be my favorite FPS so far. I really don't know why, but it is. Even though it's nice and all, I really hate the Pyro update. Now everyone's being Pyro, and trust me, being Spy isn't as easy any more. What makes it worse, both medic and pyro are the two classes I play as least, so the update's pretty useless for me. Damnit VALVe, where's my Scout weapons?

The spy is easy to play, just uncloak in a area where no one is at and kill the snipers zoomed in. And the only pyro weapon thats overpowred is the BB. The 50+hp makes it harder to kill them(there should be a 25+hp bonus, not 50), and it doesnt have weaker damage from the front(It's a backburner, not a frontburner).

Zanyhead said:
I think the Heavy's new melee weapon should be a chainsaw, and be like a melee minigun. (Thus having the same disadvantage that you get slowed down.) Also, I'm making a Sonic spray of every TF2 character in Sonic form, compiled like the game's splash:

Sonic Scout 100% (See avatar)
Engineer Tails 100% (See avatar)
Heavy Knuckles 100%
Medic Amy 1% (Concept)
Spy Rouge 100%
Demoman Bean 100%
Sniper Nack 1% (Concept)
Pyro Blaze 1% (Concept)
Soldier Gamma 1% (Concept, Currently have soldier EggPawn)
TTFTT SRB2 Mod anyone? *shot*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back