What version of MySql does the master server use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know the official master server that you connect to in SRB2. It uses a version of mysql. However, I do not know which version of mysql that the master server uses. It would be nice to know. Sorry if this thread is in the wrong section.

May I ask why you asked this question? It's unusual for someone to ask this.

Last edited:
May I ask why you asked this question? It's unusual for someone to ask this.

I'm trying to compile the master server for 2.0.5 and above, but I keep getting an error. Also, I don't know how to port forward a SRB2 master server. I don't know everything in the world. I don't really like mysql, because of errors. Well, things could be a lot worse. Mysql just hates me a lot. I'm going to uninstall mysql. I installed it just to make a master server for 2.0.5 and above. Mysql is only useful if you are on linux. If I'm going to make a master server I'm going to attempt to make my own master server gui that will actually compile on windows. It is not going to use mysql, because mysql isn't user friendly.

Dev-C++ Compile Log:
Compiler: Default compiler
Building Makefile: "A:\SRB2HE Source Code\tools\masterserver\Makefile.win"
Executing make...
make.exe -f "A:\SRB2HE Source Code\tools\masterserver\Makefile.win" all
g++.exe -D__DEBUG__ -c common.cpp -o ../../objs/MasterServer/common.o -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/include" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/backward" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/mingw32" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include" -Wall -DDEBUG -fverbose-asm -fexpensive-optimizations -O3 -g3 -fmessage-length=0 -march=i386

g++.exe -D__DEBUG__ -c ipcs.cpp -o ../../objs/MasterServer/ipcs.o -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/include" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/backward" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/mingw32" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include" -Wall -DDEBUG -fverbose-asm -fexpensive-optimizations -O3 -g3 -fmessage-length=0 -march=i386

g++.exe -D__DEBUG__ -c srvlist.cpp -o ../../objs/MasterServer/srvlist.o -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/include" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/backward" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/mingw32" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include" -Wall -DDEBUG -fverbose-asm -fexpensive-optimizations -O3 -g3 -fmessage-length=0 -march=i386

g++.exe -D__DEBUG__ -c crypt.cpp -o ../../objs/MasterServer/crypt.o -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/include" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/backward" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/mingw32" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include" -Wall -DDEBUG -fverbose-asm -fexpensive-optimizations -O3 -g3 -fmessage-length=0 -march=i386

g++.exe -D__DEBUG__ -c stats.cpp -o ../../objs/MasterServer/stats.o -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/include" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/backward" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/mingw32" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include" -Wall -DDEBUG -fverbose-asm -fexpensive-optimizations -O3 -g3 -fmessage-length=0 -march=i386

g++.exe -D__DEBUG__ -c server.cpp -o ../../objs/MasterServer/server.o -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/include" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/backward" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/mingw32" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include" -Wall -DDEBUG -fverbose-asm -fexpensive-optimizations -O3 -g3 -fmessage-length=0 -march=i386

g++.exe -D__DEBUG__ ../../objs/MasterServer/common.o ../../objs/MasterServer/ipcs.o ../../objs/MasterServer/srvlist.o ../../objs/MasterServer/crypt.o ../../objs/MasterServer/stats.o ../../objs/MasterServer/server.o -o "..\..\bin\MasterServer.exe" -L"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib" -lwsock32 -lmysql -g3 -fmessage-length=0 -march=i386

../../objs/MasterServer/server.o(.text+0x1ae4): In function `Z13LIVE_AuthUserjPc':
C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/ext/new_allocator.h:62: undefined reference to `md5(std::string)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make.exe: *** [../../bin/MasterServer.exe] Error 1

Execution terminated

Last edited:
If you can't figure out how to set up MySQL, you shouldn't be trying to code your own master server.

Also, the master server included with SRB2's source is only compatible with 2.0.4 and earlier.

If you can't figure out how to set up MySQL, you shouldn't be trying to code your own master server.

Also, the master server included with SRB2's source is only compatible with 2.0.4 and earlier.
If you don't believe the source got updated then click this link:
https://github.com/STJr/SRB2/blob/master/tools/masterserver/server.cpp
Make sure you also scroll down. It will have mysql code. I did setup mysql, but I uninstalled it. Have a look for your self! I do have the source code from https://github.com/STJr/SRB2. Plus I'm not coding my own master server. I decided not to code my own master server. I was able to install MySQL on windows, but for some reason I was still unable to compile the master server. Do you have to set your path to where you installed mysql server to be able to compile the master server for 2.0.5 and above?

Last edited:
Dude... you've been all over these forums trying to tell us about your "masterserver" and that it will be an RP mod known as SRB2 Hangout Edition, I think we're all ready to say this, but just stop. You don't know what you're doing and you're making yourself look just plain bad.If you want to make your own hangout mode or server, Portforward and host your server on casual on SRB2's masterserver, because who is REALLY gonna go back to version 1.09.4 and RP with you? Seriously, just please for the love of mercy STOP AND START SMALL...

Dude... you've been all over these forums trying to tell us about your "masterserver" and that it will be an RP mod known as SRB2 Hangout Edition, I think we're all ready to say this, but just stop. You don't know what you're doing and you're making yourself look just plain bad.If you want to make your own hangout mode or server, Portforward and host your server on casual on SRB2's masterserver, because who is REALLY gonna go back to version 1.09.4 and RP with you? Seriously, just please for the love of mercy STOP AND START SMALL...
Duon! I'm trying to make a master server so I can do private testing on SRB2HE for 2.1.10.

If you want to do private testing, just tell your friends to connect to your IP. The entire point of a master server is to advertise your server publically.

If you want your own RP mod, just do some lua, make some sprites, create a handful of Hangout Levels, create your own hangout gametype mode, and there! You have a SRB2HE.

I think he might be referring to what SF94 did: random moving bots that walk into walls, stand in concession stands, etc. Now lemme tell how bad and hard that is.
1: Bots even with lua are hard as fuck to code
2: Bots will pointlessly run around doing nothing... just being in the way
3: And most of all, YOU HAVE NO PROGRESS

Dude, as much hype for a pointless project you are making, just please STOP. Unless we see some actual fucking progress instead of begging for info on coding a server. Also, You can do better than 2 lousy screen shots of nothing, make a fucking house, a supermarket, make a damn basketball stadium, if you make that and give us proof, i bet you we will be surprised, now stop sitting the wanting to code bots and DO SOMETHING. -.-

Also I need to add bots.

While nobody seems to be able to stop this mod from happening (at least, not until you put it in submissions, then I think it'll end), the biggest question is why an RP mod, which should normally center around the actions of human players taking on the roles of characters, would need bots who wander around aimlessly with no ability to tell where they are or what any player is saying.

I can't say I support the idea of this mod, but if you at least had something of real quality to showcase and thought about features that wouldn't paint a bad picture of yourself, I wouldn't object to the completion of the mod. But with only two empty screenshots and promises of your own master server and RP-mod exclusive characters, the future of this project doesn't look at all promising.

It also doesn't help that each question you ask requires its own thread. You're flooding the forums with threads that die pretty early.

I think he might be referring to what SF94 did: random moving bots that walk into walls, stand in concession stands, etc. Now lemme tell how bad and hard that is.
1: Bots even with lua are hard as fuck to code
2: Bots will pointlessly run around doing nothing... just being in the way
3: And most of all, YOU HAVE NO PROGRESS

Dude, as much hype for a pointless project you are making, just please STOP. Unless we see some actual fucking progress instead of begging for info on coding a server. Also, You can do better than 2 lousy screen shots of nothing, make a fucking house, a supermarket, make a damn basketball stadium, if you make that and give us proof, i bet you we will be surprised, now stop sitting the wanting to code bots and DO SOMETHING. -.-

No! I'm not trying to do what SF94 did. Plus I'm not doing it with lua. YOU ARE TELLING ME TO CANCEL SRB2HE! I'm planning to make a spring. I haven't started on bots yet. I'm never going to cancel this mod though. Lock this thread so I don't have to deal with the crap on the forums many people are talking about on SRB2HE. Please shut up about SRB2HE till the first version is released. I don't know why Duon had to bring up a discussion of SRB2HE! You are lucky that I'm not a moderator or admin. A question turns into a SRB2HE discussion real quick?!? I don't see that everyday. There is an actual stupid thread. Click here if you don't believe me!

Last edited:
YOU ARE TELLING ME TO CANCEL SRB2HE!

Yes, we are, because it's generally a bad idea. I've been there, myself. I used to make hangout maps in my early days of SRB2, and they sucked. They got boring. It's really hard to make a good one, because SRB2 is not designed for it. SRB2 is a fast-paced game, and its level design takes that into account. Hangout maps completely disregard SRB2's gameplay and mechanics, and attempt to just make something with no goals or challenges or anything. You also don't even need an EXE mod to make hangout maps.

I'm planning to make a spring.

I'm sorry, what
nobody tell him there are springs in SRB2!

I'm never going to cancel this mod though.

You will one day, I promise -- you seem to have no clue of where to begin, nor what to even add (aside from bots that would probably run into walls and stuff).

Lock this thread so I don't have to deal with the crap on the forums many people are talking about on SRB2HE. Please shut up about SRB2HE till the first version is released. I don't know why Duon had to bring up a discussion of SRB2HE!

You need to learn how to accept criticism. Stop saying that everyone else's opinions are crap, and blaming others for bringing it up. Also, it's YOUR thread, so Duon didn't bring it up whatsoever.

Last edited:
I'm planning to make a spring!

I was disinterested in this project before, I believed that it would be the same as the other RP wads, with the same stupid square houses with no roof, and the same stupid attempts at making bots. However, now that you have revealed your plans for the mod, I realized how wrong I was, this is simply the most amazing idea I have laid my eyes upon, SRB2...featuring springs...If you can truly make this into reality, I will switch my religion to "Choaloverity" and build a shrine in my closet for you, good luck on your mod.

Choalover, the reason everyone is telling you to quit is because you clearly have no idea what you're doing. You constantly ask questions that someone with actual programming experience wouldn't need to ask, and yet you claim you're making an EXE mod, which requires programming experience to make. Even worse, you keep asking questions that appear to make it look like all you REALLY want is an EXE with your name on it people are forced to use to play your content, which is a terrible way to go about things and also basically impossible to do without making legitimate additions to the game, which you've proven you can't do. Make your own spring? Surely you realize that can be done with SOC or Lua in a couple minutes. You clearly don't have the skill to do even that, but you're suggesting that you can make your own EXE mod with actual features?

If you really want to make an RP mod for some reason (which I don't suggest because RP mods are pretty universally bad), you should create a map. That map should have loving detail put into every part of it, and you should refine the parts that didn't work out until the package has a universally high standard of quality. Then you MIGHT get a few people on the MS to like what you made, since we don't generally allow role playing mods to be released on the forums anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back