SRB2 Green Screening for SM64

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why are you providing a link to your personal SRB2 folder in the description(which included some avi files and kart screenshots for some reason...?), without saying what it is? If you wanted to provide a download for SRB2, you should have just linked the website.

That said, this video doesn't seem to actually cover how to greenscreen, only how to take footage in SRB2 for use in a greenscreen effect. How to get footage of Mario on a greenscreen, and then how to overlay that with the SRB2 footage is completely unaddressed.

...for that matter, because you're using objectplace, any motion and action within the level sans animated textures stops. Though these methods give up some ease of camera control, first person mode with the crosshair turned off, or use of an SOC(example below) to make the player invisible while adjusting the position of chasecam may sometimes give better results. First person mode can also be used during objectplace mode, removing the need to find a blank sprite and giving more precise control over the camera's position and angle.

Code:
# Makes player invisible by adding MF_NoSector
Thing 0
FLAGS = 14
# Remember to have a comment or newline at the end of every SOC!

Last edited:
This was made mainly for SM64 machinimists. I posted a similar thread on the SM64.org forums. They don't know anything about SRB2 and I thought that it would make things easier. The screen shots were an accident...

Funny. I've been thinking for a long time about using green screen effects for SRB2 for other videos. This is sorta what I was expecting but not for Super Mario 64. It's hard to explain the concept I was thinking about for using green screens for other videos using SRB2.

This was made mainly for SM64 machinimists. I posted a similar thread on the SM64.org forums. They don't know anything about SRB2 and I thought that it would make things easier. The screen shots were an accident...
I don't know of any SM64 machinimists around here, honestly.

Yeah... But this is also good for SRB2 Machinimas :D
Edit: Which no one has thought of yet and I'm to young to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back