• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Making a SP mod, how does it go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Microship

First of my name is Ash Hades and I have became interested for making my own 3D Sonic game with it, my question is would anyone be interested if I am making a SP map pack/mod with semi-modded enemies with .socs, new music and perhaps new textures and skies but the only character you can use is my modded Sonic edit? coloured Red? but sports modded objects trough SOCedit? would that be considered mod or Sonic recolours are extremely frowned upon no matter what? I wont make new enemies graphically tough.

This also begs another question, how do I remove Sonic, Tails and Knuckles from the character select screen? are they hardcoded in?

Hmmm...theoretically it could be good if you did it right, but making it right will be very hard.

SP mods are hard and from what I've read here, recolours are extremely frowned upon, while I have nothing against recolours I prefer it if you at least make some changes to it, take a look at silver for example.

http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos/1200000/Images-silver-the-hedgehog-1292081-235-294.gif

While mainly another hedgehog he has features which make him look somewhat cooler then Sonic like those cool lines on his gloves and shoes which slightly defers him from being a recolour.

Shadow is even less of a recolour and more original compared to Sonic imo

It's always fun seeing new SOC's as long as they're not just timer SOC's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back