• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Getting Started

Status
Not open for further replies.

iz_26

Sup guyz osme of you may have seen me in the game before. Anyway, I need to know whats a good map editor (I have doom builder) and the editor i can use to make characters.

The best map editor to start off with would be "Wadauthor" (Mainly becuase there's a tutorial for it on the main site)

As you get better with Wadauthor, you can switch to Doom/srb2builder if you want.

Well, the only character maker that can really be useful is XWE.

However, if you're asking for GRAPHICS then, sorry, you have to do those on your Own.

I was hoping to make a black zero wad but i dont know if i have the patience for XWE

well actualy its more of a problem that i have no time to learn it(lol same thing)

I highly recomend mapping in Wadauthor and doing such things as object placement in SRB2Builder. Besides, Wadauthor has a helpful tutorial on the main site.

Doom Builder has a Nice tut, too, and I couldn't really understand Wad Author. And if all else fails, download the SRB2 Doom Builder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back