• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Wad errors. (Bad frame characters in lump EMERA0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueZero4

(not a palindrome)
Upon trying to launch a game with a .wad I thought was finished, I always get the following error message:
R_InstallSpriteLump: Bad frame characters in lump EMERA0
This error message still comes on wads without a PLAYA0 lump.

I can upload one of the many wads with this problem on the web, but only after someone recomends a service to upload.

EDIT: Uploaded: cyberelf.wad

The sprite "EMERA0" is the sprite for the emerald hunt emerald. This also happens to me too, but I have no clue how to fix it.

Wow, I never would've guessed.
Ok, so from my experience, every special sprite needs some marker lumps around it. Like S_START and S_END need to be around the PRUPA0(life box) and the PRUPB0(popped box) lumps before it works. So we need some marker lumps for this, too.

kunucklees said:
The sprite "EMERA0" is the sprite for the emerald hunt emerald. This also happens to me too, but I have no clue how to fix it.
used to happen to my also, but i fixed it by re-wading the character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back