SRB2 Traditions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Discuss any tricks, ideas, or anything that you now see everybody doing it in netgames, etc.

The one idea that I now see everybody doing it is the spin-before-hitting-the-spring idea. Ever since the 1.08/9 days, I've noticed everybody doing it.

Another one is when I jump instantly after pressing the spin button. I do it while waiting for something.

One trick that you all may deny is flying after spinning was charged. I did it since the 4.35 days, but didn't join the community until the 1.08 days.

Bouncing of the item boxes to take major shortcuts in CTF. Not only in Silver Cascade, EVERY level with a item box in the middle. Metal Star especially too. Thokking/thokdashing on that box to plain fly from the blue flag to the red or in reverse.

The one I'm thinking of isn't as much of a tradition as just a good strategy. Usually after I hit somebody with a ring, instead of moving on I wait for the temporary invincibility to wear off and then shooting them again while they don't have any rings and are open for an attack.

Jumping off any edge of Airboune Temple, clinging to the back edge, and watching novice sonic players jump to their doom. It usually works, but at times can backfire completly and send me down instead.

Oh, and the 1.08 "carrying-while-running-on-air" trick was pretty cool, until somebody had the nerve to report it.

I despise using the mouse at all. SRB2 in my opinion is meant to be played in classic Sonic style, not like a FPS.

Spazzo said:
Jumping off any edge of Airboune Temple, clinging to the back edge, and watching novice sonic players jump to their doom. It usually works, but at times can backfire completly and send me down instead.
I LOVE when you do that. You're such an easy target climbing back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back