Suggestions

solami6 the dragon said:
These are my ideas to improve SRB2 version 2.0

1 - Improve Tails sprite's Tails, when he runs and flys like CZ64 did on Srb2Riders, when he flys he has moving tails instead of a spinning ring (Like in Sonic 2/3), and when he runs you can use those sprites from when he flys on an Ex-gear race

2 - Make Deep Sea Zone Act 2 a bit easier, it took me 21 minutes to beat it because of the maze

3 - Make more nights levels, there's only two, Slumber track and spring hill

4 - What happened to the Light dash and homing attack?

5 - Add the side springs from Srb2CB

6 - Add day to night like in Shufflarb2

7 - Make a fullscreen and windowed option for slow computers

8 - Add those 4 Yellow flickies to super tails

PD: Sorry if you can't understand me, i speak spanish

1. That takes Tails' classic spark away. :/ I could have sworn this game was to help give the feel of the old games back.

3. YES.

4. Light Dash got removed for being useless, and homing attack is now a character's ability instead.

5. YES.
6. YES.

7. There already is one.

8. I agree with that. I also say we need a better way to identify Supers that aren't Sonic. Yellow just isn't enough and the sparks are too slow. What about Hyper Sonic's sparks? (For Tails, they'll be Flickies instead, though. :P)

Hyper Shadic X said:
Delta said:
In Match/CTF, have the chaos emeralds a person has be displayed over their head so you know who has which emeralds. This would help for teammates to pass their emeralds along to the right person, and in match it's more incentive to shoot someone who you know has them.

Press "tab."

What if 2 people had the same skin? Delta's right.

-Make a SOC ability on ability1. The action would spawn an item without changing your momentum, like 1094 but without the thok. The actionspeed would then be used to call an item.

Autosaver said:
^Tab shows the name of the character too. But I like emeralds on top of their head better.

Does anything tell you that the person you're looking at is that character though, if there's 2 of the same skin?

Didn't think so.

A way to mute messages and cecho messages when you are not the server (I not kidding some server just like to spam and the beeping is very annoying.)

ZeldaGamer00 said:
If you aim your crosshair at another player, display their name somewhere on screen.

Ah, if this happened, it could be used in conjunction with my idea and we could have the number of chaos emeralds a person has be displayed next to their name as well.

J-town said:
Autosaver said:
^Tab shows the name of the character too. But I like emeralds on top of their head better.

Does anything tell you that the person you're looking at is that character though, if there's 2 of the same skin?

Didn't think so.

Ah yes, that is a good feature. Although just having the name above the guys head would suffice. Emeralds above the guy's head would probably confuse with other emeralds that you can grab.

...or something. :P

J-town said:
Autosaver said:

Didn't think so.

I have no idea what your saying... What do you mean by your last sentence?

fawfulfan said:
Can we get rid of the option to disable server WAD downloading? I really hate it when people use that feature.
That won't really help, Fawful, because they'd still be able to maxsend 0.

Besides, usually that's done so you don't lag them to death.

Zanyhead said:
Bring back spinitems, slingitems, and thokitems in the S_SKIN lump, they were useful for creating unique abilities.

Again, they are still around, cept slingitem, but spin and thokitem are force to use only 1 frame, have no actions, and last for the exact amount of time the original object lasted.

-Characters who spin off ledges should be able to use midair action afterward. This is in the 2d games SRB2 is based off of, and even later ones as well.

-Jumping after climbing a short ledge (or even multiple ledges for stacked) should increase your jump height. This would make stairs more realistic, and it makes sense momentum wise.

on Edge said:
-Jumping after climbing a short ledge (or even multiple ledges for stacked) should increase your jump height. This would make stairs more realistic, and it makes sense momentum wise.
As an extension to that what about jumping simply adds to your Z momentum instead of resetting it? Then again, I'm not sure if going up stairs actually gives you z momentum or if it just teleports you up a few units to simulate going up, so that would have to be fixed.

People seem to be complaining about users of the same skins. I have an idea: If two people are using Sonic, the Node with the lowest number gets blue Sonic, and the next Sonic is a different color. Orange maybe. Another thing, character specific starts. Take GFZ1 for example: Sonic and Tails start at the original start point. Knuckles starts a bit higher up but his path brings him to original GFZ1's path.

Jurai_Madman said:
People seem to be complaining about users of the same skins. I have an idea: If two people are using Sonic, the Node with the lowest number gets blue Sonic, and the next Sonic is a different color.
What if you have a server with 17-20 people and everybody wants to be Sonic?

Delta said:
ZeldaGamer00 said:
If you aim your crosshair at another player, display their name somewhere on screen.

Ah, if this happened, it could be used in conjunction with my idea and we could have the number of chaos emeralds a person has be displayed next to their name as well.

Doing this would cause you to see people's names through walls, unfortunately... (Or is it? >=D)

You could set up some sort of invisible client-only projectile that instantly travels forward like a rail ring and is always firing, so that if it hits a player, their name is displayed on screen. This would prevent any "name peeking" through walls to avoid a ambush, etc.

Efficiency-wise, and considering this is the actual game not just some mod, I don't think that would be a good way to go. Maybe for a SOC that could work, but otherwise it would be sort of weird to know you're constantly shooting D=

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back