Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikesword221

The man with no plan.
Minecraft is a game being developed in java by a retired game programmer. The game can be found Here and the devblog which updates everyday can be found here. The game isn't done yet but it should be soon. It is also a map editor with 8 blocks (soon to be 10). You have dirt, sand, wood, rock, gravel, cooled lava, planks, leaves and bushes. There are also a few things you can't spawn such as Water and Lava. Right now the game is still only a map editor.
Arf said:
The first post in this thread is really an understatement of how fun Minecraft is.
The difference between this and GMod, is that GMod is mostly physics, ragdoll and behaviour manipulation. This one is about terrain manipulation on the fly, and of course, exploration. In this, you don't create objects, you create land, the very map you're playing on. But the coolest part about this game is the exploration, finding an underground cave with water never ceases to be awe inspiring, and flooding caves accidentally is the only accident I ever loved in my life.
The very second you create your first house, you'll be in love with this game, and you won't want to leave your little hideout, and will keep building upon it. And it feels fantastic.
There is a better explanation. Also, new blocks have been added. Here is a list.
Template2Trans.png

You know. You didn't even explain what the game is about! That is why everyone who reads this won't reply unless they know what the game is. Remember that for next time, Mikesword221.

Not even close. It is a free roaming game where you can either remove blocks or add blocks and make whatever you want. It is kinda like "blockland". (I have not played that game)

Then how do you know it's like Blockland?

I'd say it's like GMod... in that it's a sandbox world, and you can do a ton of crap in it. Except in GMod, you make weird pictures of the G-Man making out with the Spy in some Portal level; in Minecraft, you build structures or blow walls up. And occasionally fall into lava. Gotta hate lava.

Isn't there an SRB2 minecraft server? I forgot the specific url it was at though.

Sonic 2 said:
The concept is nice, does anyone know if its free?

It's free for now until the game maker puts in enough features to make it sell able. You can buy it early for 10 euros,however(Equals to about 15 dollars)

The first post in this thread is really an understatement of how fun Minecraft is.
The difference between this and GMod, is that GMod is mostly physics, ragdoll and behaviour manipulation. This one is about terrain manipulation on the fly, and of course, exploration. In this, you don't create objects, you create land, the very map you're playing on. But the coolest part about this game is the exploration, finding an underground cave with water never ceases to be awe inspiring, and flooding caves accidentally is the only accident I ever loved in my life.
The very second you create your first house, you'll be in love with this game, and you won't want to leave your little hideout, and will keep building upon it. And it feels fantastic.

Arf said:
Mind if I put that on the first post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back