• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Metroid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikesword221

The man with no plan.
Alright Blade gave me the permission to upload this map I edited oh so long ago. Now before I start getting "LOL THIS IS BLADEZ MAP YOU FRODE!!!11!!"
1. Like I said he gave me permission to release this.
2. This is just for feed back on the idea. I will have my own version later.
For now I have to make this quick since I have to go some where.
Download: http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=636e44ded74cabd0a950a6ee9d783d2b

EDIT: Um yeah I'm not going. Stomach ache on the last second. So reply?

EDIT2: Ok 59 views and no has replied... Reply? Please?

EDIT3: Here is Blades original version. LOL LINK!

Ok, I played it. I'm not gonna say anything about the level's desine, since I made it origanaly.

What I will say, however, is that the textures are bad. There are grass edges where there is no grass, and the enemies would be better if they were SOCed.

The music was ok, though.

I'd give this a 4/10.

1. Grass edges? I'll check that.
2.If some one could make a SOC for me it would help me make a metroid mod. but since I stink at SOCs so no soced enemy's yet.

Um, okay, I want to say what I think, but before I go really reviewing it, I have to ask.

Just uh, what is this supposed to BE?

There's little bumps here and there and I guess I should change that text to I edited oh so long ago. Like I said I was in a hurry.

Is this a single player map, or a match map of some sort? This level doesn't have an exit so that's why I'm wondering.
Er, I give this a 1/10. Mainly because of the textures. They are really hurtful to the eye, and they made my headache worse. Also, I liked the music, but it doesn't fit srb2 style. The black background was really damaging too. The texture colors are vibrant and rather annoying, and a black sky didn't make matters any better.
Take a look at these screenshots:

The grass edges, they burn!
srb20000-4.png

Overview of textures:
srb20001-6.png

A bird of some sort:
srb20002-4.png

Overall the level was pretty small. It also gave me a weird feeling, as if I had just been dissected by aliens. I don't like that feeling. @_@

Yeah I know the texture choice was bad. But it was the best I could find. Well I can change the walls. Oh and the Energy tanks enemy's and Long beams will collapse if you stand on them so if it was a Long beam you steeped on you get the rail ring.(P.s. How did this make you feel like you were dissected? O.o)

Music and texture choice did that. Plus, I've had that feeling for real before ;)

Ice said:
Is this a single player map, or a match map of some sort? This level doesn't have an exit so that's why I'm wondering.
Er, I give this a 1/10. Mainly because of the textures. They are really hurtful to the eye, and they made my headache worse. Also, I liked the music, but it doesn't fit srb2 style. The black background was really damaging too. The texture colors are vibrant and rather annoying, and a black sky didn't make matters any better.

Vibrant Vanddetta Zone! *shot*

Personally, I loved the music and texture choices(mainly because of nostalgia, however(they also thankfully don't make me feel I'm being dissected like a certain someone)). The standing on powerups like the longbeams and energy tanks to get the prizes was a great idea, however in real matches would leave you highly vulnerable. The map needs to be larger, and the grass edges do indeed burn. But, don't listen to Ice. The chozo(weird bird thingies) are awesome!
The score for me is 2/10, simply because of nostalgia. Work on the ring placement a bit, and also the level design in general. And eliminate the burning grass. Please.

I'd suggest using textures and sprites that have more color, 8 bit textures are probably not the best idea...
unless your aiming for a NES/ famicom disk system look, then they're okay, unil I can find if there's a color change thingie...

Orangelink said:
(they also thankfully don't make me feel I'm being dissected like a certain someone).
I'm guessing it's because it was late at night when I played it. I had also finished playing some multiplayer on skulltag, perhaps that contributed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back