Sonic 4 Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegoTheAlien

Miles Per Hour
What is Sonic 4 Remix? Sonic 4 Remix is a 2D advance version of Sonic 4, but with many many twists.

1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

Progress:
Engine 30%
Stages 22%
Graphics 16%

Beta Download: SAGE 2010 (Possibly)

Discuss! ^_^

It's a little early to start on the Sonic 4 remakes, don't you think? Leak or not, you haven't even got the game to play yet.

If you're going to include Tails, can you make him not game-breaking?
I can hardly comment on the fact that you've hardly shown any work, but I don't like the art style.

meh, I like the idea...though I am not sure if this is technically legal to make considering it is based off a game that isn't even released. I like the idea, and I'll be keeping my eye out for this games development...but I just know somehow this shouldn't be made...

On the positive side, I look forward to more info on this game, I also like those Running sprites :P

Sure would be a stupid law if it wasn't legal.

"You can only make games out of stuff that's already made!"

I'm more concerned about the fact he has a jtagged Xbox. As far as I know, that's not legal, at least in his hands.

As for the fangame itself, well, knowing what Rego's previous work is like I'm certaintly not looking forward to it. So far looks it looks like Sonic 4 rips are the only thing it has going for it.

This is the only thing I have shown off on these forums before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lta-KURe7ms and got positive feedback >_>
I already knew this was a blatant lie, but I didn't think it was as easy as looking into your post history to prove it.

Where do I start? Well first of all, it's hardly the first thing you've posted here - in fact, your thread history shows it to be the third, if you bunch together the three seperate reposts of one fangame in particular. As far as "positive" feedback goes, well, let's just take a quick look at some of the stunning praise your work has gotten so far.

Looks like a hold right adventure.
Hell, this entire GAME is like a cutscene; you hardly DO anything yourself. It's more like Sonic Autopilot than Accel. This is the main issue with Unleashed and Rush; the boost REMOVES from the platforming, making it more "Hold left and maybe push jump, and Push X to not die sometimes" than anything else. You see, Sonic, deep down, is NOT BUILT ON SPEED. It is actually a platformer with speed (and pinball) ELEMENTS. Hell, without all those speed gimmicks and the Pinball Physics of the classic games, you'd have a watered down Mario game. Speed is a feature, not the entire FOCUS. A mix of cool moves and moments with platforming goodness. That's what Sonic is truly about. But in Sonic Autopilot, all I see is hold boost, and the same thing that Unleashed was; BORING, and practically self playing with little actual platforming. And don't give me this "but it's just a test level, the rest will have platforming" crap. I just know this'll just be a boostfest.
It's better than this game deserves. That was the most boring thing I've played since the last SAGE. Amazingly, it incorporates almost everything that could possibly go wrong with a fan game. Here's a short list...

- Graphics that clearly don't belong. The background in the demo stage is really just a badly scaled Google image search result, isn't it? And the rest is just shamelessly lifted from one of the Advance titles or drawn hastily in mspaint. It all clashes horribly.
- Focus on "next-gen". This game is not next-gen, and neither are any of the titles currently available. That's because they're part of the current generation. Get your terminology right.
- Boring, tacked-on story. "Sonic Tails and Knuckles are on a search for a mysterious emerald, But theres a big twist." I need not say any more.
- Awkward, floaty controls and broken movement physics. It takes almost no effort to reach the maximum speed, rendering the speed boosters totally useless. Rolling for some reason slows you down. The spindash is completely broken, and would be useless even if it worked right. Play any of the original games to learn how these things are meant to work.
- Annoyingly repetitive sound effects. I guess that comes with the "next-gen" package, but that doesn't justify it. Nobody wants to play a game in which Sonic grunts every two seconds. Having footstep sound effects doesn't make it seem more realistic, just more annoying.
- Massive and hideously ugly HUD. Why does it need to take up almost a quarter of the screen? Don't bother answering, there is no legitimate reason. Once again, look at the original games to see how it's done correctly. They're unobtrusive and yet still manage to give you all the information you need at a glance.
- An installer. Your game does not need one of these. There's not a single Sonic fan game on the face of this planet that needs an installer. Installers are useful when there are tons of extra files or files that need to be copied to system directories. They are not useful when your game is composed of a single executable and a text file. It doesn't make your game seem more legit, it's just one more useless step and that much more space taken up.

Remember, just because your videos get complimented on Youtube doesn't mean your fan game is any good. Nobody on Youtube knows how to constructively criticize anything.
It's nice to see you didn't take any of my criticism seriously. Judging by your latest video, your game has not improved at all, in fact now you've broken it so badly it needs a loading screen.
Yup. Stunning. And this was just a sampler - I would've offered more but this it taking up enough screen space as it is. Add to that you have an extremely stubborn habit of completely ignoring criticism, a tendency to abandon previous projects at the drop of a hat and never finish a single one of them, and this strange delusion that anything you touch is gold simply because a bunch of retarded youtubers seem to like it, and well, it doesn't exactly paint a pretty picture.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying this out of spite. I'm saying this because you stubbornly refuse to make any kind of meaningful improvement on anything you make, in spite of persistent complaints from the people who actually do know better. Just take criticism on board for a change, and for once you might be taken seriously by someone who actually has half a brain. Actually finishing a game proper would be a nice bonus, but hell, if you took some of the complaints on board I might actually gain a bit of respect for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back