TNAoStH Contest (Yes, I am nuts, but that's not the point.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, as most of you may know at this point, I'm making (Been making) a tribute to the original Sonic cartoon, "Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog". It was founded over a year ago, hasn't gotten a full episode out yet, and had died for many months on end. Recently, I got a call from a friend of mine who worked for the Hillsborough public broadcast station who had been interested in the show for quite some time, and I got an offer to get my show on the air for local residents. I wouldn't be paid obviously, but it was still surprising as hell to see that chance actually come within my reach.

I've been animating the first episode on paper for a month and a half now, and recently presented to the station a draft of the pilot. They said while they loved how nearly everything had come out, they really disliked the script, which made sense since I made it in roughly an hour. This is where you guys come in.

I doubt this will get many results in because of how 'vaporware' this project has become known as, but I'll offer anyway.

I'm making a TNAoStH script contest. The rules are simple; You guys write a script for the show, I pick the top three, and you guys vote. The winners all get prizes, and the top two get their show in the run of the first season. All winners will be presented with a number of storyboards, animatics and cels from the actual show, depending on what place you came in. The rest of the entrees will also win various prizes, but as to what they will win hasn't been decided yet.

http://home.ripway.com/2005-9/423579/TNAoStHBible.txt is where the show's incomplete bible is located. Please note the word "incomplete". Use this if you have any trouble with what characters should say, where they should be, or anything like that.

Episode scripts can be anywhere from 10 minutes to a full-hour special. I have quite a fluctuating timeslot, so I can make it fit, no matter what you do.

SO:
1st place winner - 5 cel drawings, the pilot's storyboard, a whole crapload of animatics, and their show animated and put into the first season. Additionally, they will also recieve a DVD with the soundtrack and ENTIRE SHOW'S source code on it, plus a chance to do commentary on their episode with me, JTE and RedFox [The show's co-creators] when the DVD makes it's way around the bend.

2nd place winner - 2 cel drawings, 3 animatic drawings, and their show animated and put into the first season.

3rd place winner - 2 cel drawings, and 3 animatic drawings.

The rest - Dunno yet.

All of the drawings/storyboards/animatics/cels will be different, so nobody gets any duplicates. I don't want to ruin their integrity =P

The contest ends October 13th, 2005, 12:00PM. The poll will then be opened, which will close October 17th. The results will be calculated, then posted. And the prizes will be sent by snail mail OR email, though I'd much prefer snail mail. It's your choice. Entries may be submitted to ProjectTNAoStH at yahoo dot com, which believe it or not, I actually check someitmes ^_^;

Questions? Ask ahead. Now get to work! =P

I wonder if someone's gonna make Scratch, Grounder, or Coconuts in there?

Boy, I miss those three mischeivious robots.

• I've noticed that you wrote "Dr. Ivo Robotnik", Omega. But AoStH was made by the same people who made SatAM, and they use "Julian" as Robotnik's name.
  • I've never seen Sonic become SuperSonic in AoStH. However, I've seen Robotnik become SuperRobotnik.
  • Mobigypt only existed in the past (quest for the third Chaos Emerald, the immortality one). Actually it doesn't exist, as far as I know.
Nothing more. Since I watched it when I was YOUNGER, then I think that I can make some script ;)

PS: AoStH chapters were all of 15mins each one, excluding commercials.

Sik said:
  • I've noticed that you wrote "Dr. Ivo Robotnik", Omega. But AoStH was made by the same people who made SatAM, and they use "Julian" as Robotnik's name.

Way to go, you found his real (formal) name.

...you're using cels?

Are you doing this using the traditional camera animation process?

well, it does sound preety neat, ill think about it.
But, I have no idea what i could use for a script... X_X
but if im the only one, i automaticlly win even if i submitt total crap, right?

:mrgreen:

If high school and/or BSZ doesn't capture my free time, I most certainly would like to take a shot at this.

I've been interested in script writing, after all. *searches for aosth torrents*

Omega the Hedgehog said:
...at all? <.<

Hell, I'll even throw in a cameo of you in the episode when it's animated. How's that for a nice little bonus? =P

I'll try.

Here's what I have so far :

Opening Scene : Sonic is running through a green landscape (preferably Green Hill Zone), whistling the AoStH theme, and jumping on a badnik or two along the way. Sonic runs into Tails and tells Sonic some bad news.

Tails : Sonic, Sonic! Come look!

Sonic : What's up, Tails?

Tails : I don't know, but it looks like somethin' bad!

Camera then shifts to a large group of bulldozers, and other construction things.

Sonic : Let's speed, keed!

Tails : OK, let's go!

Sonic and Tails dash to the construction site, and run into none other than Dr. Robotnik.

Sonic : It's YOU!

Dr. Robotnik : How are you gentlemen? (An All Your Base reference. :P )

Sonic : What are you up to, Robuttnik?

Dr. Robotnik :Nothing much, just (louder than before, and zooms out to a shot of a half finished factory) DESTROYING ALL OF THE FORREST AND MAKING A GIANT ROBOT FACTORY IN ITS PLACE!!!

Sonic & Tails : NO!

Robotnik : Well, I have to get back to work. Grounder, Scratch, take care of these fools!

Also, do NOT take anything I have so far that I posted here.

Are Ground and Scratch allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back