Suggestions

Ezer.Arch said:
Log folder and one log for each start-up

I have many problem with logs that were overwritten, especially when I need to review something or when I thought of reporting a server. I lose a log mainly when a netgame crashes or something happens making me to restart the game quickly, and then... my last log is overwritten *sigh*

So... I thought of a log folder repository that can be cleaned up manually or via command in console. Every time you start up SRB2 (like now) a log is created with unique namefile with date and time, e.g. log20080524_130358.txt.
To keep the folder from cluttering up, place each month's log in a seperate folder, like folder "May08" would have logs from May 2008. On a related note, have the current log in the root log folder.

Remove textures that are identical to to other textures, and flats that are identical to other flats, like for example:
  • REDFLR and FLAT10
  • FLOOR0_5 and SLIME02
  • FLOOR0_7 and SLIME03
  • CEIL3_3 and GATE1
  • and so on...

It should make it less confusing for people who can't decide which of the two in any identical pair of textures/flats by making there be only one of them instead. It should also lower the filesize of 1.1... But these are quite obvious, aren't they?

Able to replace any sound using a character wad S_SKIN so that it affects only that character. I attempted to edit DSSAHITG in my S_SKIN and it didn't work. :<

Or actually just make it so ANYTHING can be edited for the game for each skin. Just as long as it doesn't break any consistency problems.

-Trigger Linedef Executor(Touch Sector Ceiling).(Sector)
-Linedef Executor:Change Character.
-Current/Wind Right/Left.
-Current/Wind that feels like a Tornado.(Linedefs)
-Linedef Executor:Change Gametype.
-Instant-Game over(Sector)
-Linedef Executor:Box trap and after a minute Loose a life.

Linedef Executor: Screen Fade to Color

Screen fades to the color code on the linedef's upper texture, for an amount of tics based on the linedef length before changing back to normal.

Example: Sonic presses a "self-destruct" button in the reactor control room of a spaceship. He doesn't make it out in time, so the screen changes to bright white, an explosion sound plays, and Sonic is killed.

Linedef Executor: Screen Shake

Screen shakes randomly for a number of tics based on linedef length before the screen settles out.

Example: Knuckles busts through a wall, which sets off this executor. The screen shakes violently while chunks of the ceiling fall in. The time is set so that by the time all the pieces of the ceiling fall, the screen stops shaking. Can be combined with constant crumbling rock sounds like Sonic 3's Marble Garden Zone.

Maybe having this put into the S_SKIN of a Character (Say, Blaze)?

Code:
CEML = SOML

What that example does is it makes the character with that S_SKIN have the sprite "CEML" (The Chaos Emerald) replaced with the sprite "SOML" (The Sol Emerald) for this character only (i.e. Blaze). This is like having custom sounds, but this is having replaced sprites for a SINGLE char. Like, if you added SuperMysticSonic.wad with FinalMetal.wad (Just throwing examples here XD), The Chaos Emeralds replaced with the last added file will override the other sprites with that name. With THIS, SMS's "Mystic Emerald" and "Question Emerald" will be visible to SMS (if this is put into the WAD), wile the edited Chaos Emeralds from FinalMetal.wad will be visible to all of the other char's (unless their Emeralds are edited too). And this can also work for Characters who go Super, by doing:

Code:
SUPT = BLTS

That would make it that Blaze's Super Transformation would be edited to "BLTS", but Sonic's Super Transformation would stay as "SUPT" (by the way, BLTS stands for "Blaze Transformation"). Or, you can do:

Code:
SUPTA0 = BLTSA0

To make it that only that frame is affected. Any one of those ideas could work in SRB2, right? Oh, and this can also work for the Nights Super Sonic part (if you have the stomach to edit every frame x.x') to have it that not ALL Char's go into Super Sonic when touching Super Sonic on the Temple... thing. XD Hope this idea makes it to the Final Ver. And maybe all char's with a Super Form can have Super Transformation! :O Because really, Just changing color after a jump doesn't seem cool. X.X

The ability to change the crosshair's color, size and shape.

Code:
CROSSHAIRCOLOR #RRGGBBA

CROSSHAIRSIZE <integer>

CROSSHAIRSHAPE <integer>
0 = Plus (1.09.4)
1 = Circle
2 = Dot
3 = X
4 = Angle

Especially on snow maps, the current crosshair is sometimes difficult to pick out from the surrounding map.

Pressing the UP ARROW while in the console should bring up the last command you executed. Maybe save say, the last five typed commands? Also, typing in the first few letters of a command should bring up a list of commands with the same starting letters that you can toggle through.

Essentially, incorporate more of the common features of more modern consoles into SRB2.

Allow to scroll on the console.

*Like if you added a map and you went in a level and you can't see the map numbers anymore. Just scroll up and you can see all of those again.*

A console command menu would be fantastic for users that don't know about console commands that well (under options or help or something). Just typing "help" while it stockpiles the commands one by one by one doesn't help them understand it.

-A Sonic 2-like Zone select menu. It's a much better style than what we have right now.
-A different title song if you beat the game with every single secret.
-Sound effects for bouncy walls and floors. If you bounce on a mushroom, there should be a mushroom sound.
Mikesword, there are sectors and specials for that kind of thing.

What if, there was an unlockable to where you could have a chao garden with 8 chao, There are many people that like chao, so maybe you could attempt to create some sort of Chao Garden(If you can make a chao garden, don't use bad looking chao sprites)

Also, What if you could play splitscreen multiplayer, because maybe you have a brother or a sister that likes Srb2 as well, and plus, not many people like to join a netgame with only one person. And it might even increase the amount of Players....maybe....

Switches for things, like in Quartz Quadrant Zone in Sonic CD. When things change, the colors change from orange to purple. You choose what changes through tags.

The ability to record and play demos in Analog Control. When I tried to open up the famed Sb PAZ1 speedrun, he thokked off the edge for no reason! There should be something that would immediately turn Analog on/off depending on how it was recorded. I have recorded personal demos and they don't work right, because I recorded AND played them back in Analog Control.

Also, special Linedef Flags for going through one-way. I don't know what you would do as far as FOF's are concerned, but that's not my problem.

Here's an easy one: make the camera 2x as far away from a wall when it collides with one. Sometimes I can see through some walls with a thok barrier in OpenGL

Allow us to shoot Rings (or in this case, Coins) in Mario Mode. I made a Mario-style Match map, but had to remove Mario mode because of this thing. (Still have to test the zone).

A way to get rid of the "Game Modified" Message where you have to exit the game to clear wads. (AkA "CLEARWADS" Command)
And The ability to join other people's servers with your wads intact and let's them download them.

CROSSHAIRCOLOR <color>

Changes the current/default color for crosshair.

Reason: In certain maps, the crosshair gets invisible, mainly when scenery is green.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Back