Suggestions

I would like it if when you get a 1-up or speed sneakers/invincibility, when the level music comes back it picks up where it left off instead of where it would be if it was never interrupted. Sometimes the best parts of the music get cut off.

I'd like this. I sometimes avoid speed/invincibility for this reason if I really enjoy the track, even when it'd be key to have it (i don't want to interrupt DSZ, it's got a good...flow)

Right, you can toggle off all SFX, but not individual specific sfx (like, say, individual weapons in Smash).

I assume speed/invincibility music counts as SFX since it plays over top of the music (which is why it doesnt pick up where it left off; it never stopped) but I dunno if I've played with SFX off, or haven't in awhile; maybe I should. I found a good mix by potting it down a bit combined with the upgraded SFX mod.

Right, you can toggle off all SFX, but not individual specific sfx (like, say, individual weapons in Smash).

I assume speed/invincibility music counts as SFX since it plays over top of the music (which is why it doesnt pick up where it left off; it never stopped) but I dunno if I've played with SFX off, or haven't in awhile; maybe I should. I found a good mix by potting it down a bit combined with the upgraded SFX mod.

Those, for us at least, count as sound effects - but in the files they're music and they count as such when you disable music (whether it's MIDI or Digital, you can't listen to ANY music).
I think you might also be misunderstanding me - I don't turn off SFX, I turn off Music. Yes, I play without music because the new music is too amazing and it distracts me.

Last edited:
So I'm the one who didn't understand xD.
I would never consider playing without sound, I need the sound to be as precise as I am; some enemies makes sounds that keep you concentrated.

I would never consider playing without sound, I need the sound to be as precise as I am; some enemies makes sounds that keep you concentrated.

Sound is useful within 3D space to not only be able to hear that an enemy is nearby and maybe even approaching you, but from which direction.

Which does actually give me an idea for a suggestion: Revamp enemies that are currently silent or mostly silent to make some sort of sound so that they are identifiable without needing to be looked at, and can be tracked by the player while nearby. This would mostly only have an impact on players using surround sound systems or wearing headphones, but even for those not able to make the most of the practical applications of this it would be a nice little bonus attention to detail.

An example of what I am talking about is that Crawla's could be given a subtle ticking sound indicating their treads moving along the ground. The speed of the sound could help the player identify whether it's a blue or a red Crawla.

I can see how that's useful. For me, in any Sonic game where it's an option to mix the SFX lower, I usually do so to better enjoy the music.

I think it would be cool for Greenflower Act 1 to have an emerald token that Fang can easily access. As it stands, the zone has two tokens: one down below that everyone except Fang can access by breaking a wall, and one up in the sky that is possible to access as Fang, but straightforward only as those that can spin. It feels weird that one of the zone's emerald tokens absolutely cannot be accessed as Fang, and the other requires you to bounce around to get up heights. Maybe there could be a third token somewhere up high that you get by breaking the floor?

Feel like that's compensated for by the fact that Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Metal Sonic are all incapable of reaching the third token in GFZ2. Out of the whole zone, Amy is the only character that actually gets something extra.

Feel like that's compensated for by the fact that Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Metal Sonic are all incapable of reaching the third token in GFZ2. Out of the whole zone, Amy is the only character that actually gets something extra.
I didn't know about this token, that makes sense. I think Fang feels kind of left out in several parts of the game (particularly his and Amy's shared paths), but that's a much broader discussion topic than a simple suggestion.

Adding a new section to the forum about "resources" - seeing a "resource" at levels section confuses me (they are technically a level, but not for the purpose of play but to use its resource). It might be just me too.

A way to view your replays like in SRB2Kart would be nice. You know, like pausing or rewinding a replay. I don't know how the replay code in works but if it works in Kart, maybe it works in the parent game too...?

I'd really like a "set rotation speed" linedef executor for polyobjects, or a "stop rotation" linedef executor. Right now, if I want to stop a currently rotating polyobject I must apply an equal, opposite rotation which results in pretty wonky physics when standing on the stopped polyobject, especially if it's been stopped and started several times.

Naming the S.D.U.R.F

I think it should be named Carbetta.
Car:
Carbon
Betta:
A type of fish known as the siamese fighting fish. With mathing red and blue colors the has S.D.U.R.F as well.

As 2.2.3 have changed midi I could be nice to be able to listen to midi without turning down digital music which make most custom song silent as some 2.2.3 midi sound nice and for a few even better than digital. Yes I can make a music mod but it waste a mod slot for music that are already in the vanilla game so not worth it.

Last edited:
Yes I can make a music mod but it waste a mod slot for music that are already in the vanilla game so not worth it.

You can edit the music.dta and patch_music.pk3 files with whichever music files you like without compromising the game's unmodified state.

Increase the add limit, please? I wanna use a ton of mods. Maybe find a way to break addons down into separete catagories, and have limits for each one? Like, for example, 15 WADs, 10 extra characters, 23 lua files...Idk, I'm not sure how easy it would be.

Alright. This one's really bugging me. When the next update rolls around, please give Metal Sonic the ability to break cacti. Him being able to destroy spikes but not cacti is really annoying. Maybe also give him the ability to "breathe" in space, if you think it's suitable.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back