SRB2: Is it a risk to your PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Penopat said:
Nope.

SRB2 is totally malware free.

WRONG.

My AVG keeps telling me FMOD.DLL is Trojan Horsed.

This gets really annoying as i have to keep redownloading it every time AVG scans my SRB2 folder.

Indeed. Something is very wrong with your current definitions because I also use AVG and it has given me no problems with FMOD.dll. Just because a virus scanner or other form of malware detector says it is doesn't make it so.

These things are known to happen. They're referred to by people learned in the arts of computers as "false positives". Furthermore, viruses, worms, and so on aren't as big a deal these days, and you're not likely to actually run across any unless you frequent the shadier parts of the internet. I don't think I need to spell it out for you.

Just so you know, AVG Anti-Virus has had a history of detecting false-positives. If this ever happens to you, simply download the Priority Update and the problem should be fixed. You may need to go into the Virus Vault and restore fmod.dll from there.

In the future, if this happens and the latest update doesn't fix the problem, you can send the file to AVG denoting that it is a false-positive and they should fix it within a day at the latest. Until then, you can turn off Heuristic Analysis through the Resident Shield options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back