Fixed DSZ lighting errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

742mph

My work is never done yet
Just a minor thing. A few FOFs in DSZ1's lower path seem to have their light levels set to higher than the sectors surrounding them, because they light up the area below them.

327px-Srb20133.png

327px-Srb20134.png

327px-Srb20135.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, it's more an colormap error than light. However, I am sure many people have noticed this glitch. I do not know if it has already been postponed, if it is impossible to correct it ..
I know that Colormap is hard to handle when there are some FOF on the same sector.
But I'm sure STJr has already spotted this glitch.

One of the easier bugs, just assign a colourmap to the FOF, tada, it's fixed. I think this has already been posted or has been quite obvious to the devs for some time, they just haven't gotten around to it.

No, not tada. The problem here is that the water is first below the FOF, and then rises above it. If you tag the water colormap directly to the FOF control sector, it will appear to have a blue shadow before being submerged.

No, not tada. The problem here is that the water is first below the FOF, and then rises above it. If you tag the water colormap directly to the FOF control sector, it will appear to have a blue shadow before being submerged.

That's not really a problem, though, since you're not going to see the FOF before it gets submerged. I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get through those crushers fast enough to see it before then.

I think if you hit a star post, die and then go back to that room, the water would be back at the starting height. But that's beyond the point, the offending FOFs should probably just be changed to type 101 and that's that.

That Bug on DSZ, I kinda noticed that, I just wasn't in the mood to say something.

But it sure needs to be fixed.

In my current version of DSZ1, it seems to be fixed, apart from the issue with the crushers (I think that's a game bug...).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back