DOWNLOAD folder missing!

Replayer

I don't know what's happening but my download folder isn't showing up, what's worse is that I can't create a new one either! Can anybody help me resolve the issue? I REALLY wanna play multiplayer, but without the file, I'm just a sitting duck.

I don't know what's happening but my download folder isn't showing up, what's worse is that I can't create a new one either! Can anybody help me resolve the issue? I REALLY wanna play multiplayer, but without the file, I'm just a sitting duck.

Downloading addons by joining servers should solve the problem. It creates that folder when you do that

What OS are you using?
What exactly happens if you attempt to create the folder? Does it throw an error, does it just refuse to create the folder... any signal of any kind?

And just for curiosity, where have you installed this game?
Assuming you use Windows, if the game's path contains Program Files, Documents, Windows (for whatever reason), Desktop, or just scattered around Downloads or the root place of a drive, take it out from there and give it a dedicated folder (something like C:/Games/SRB2). Windows marks several folders with special permissions which may hinder your ability to do stuff.

Last edited:
What OS are you using?
What exactly happens if you attempt to create the folder? Does it throw an error, does it just refuse to create the folder... any signal of any kind?

And just for curiosity, where have you installed this game?
Assuming you use Windows, if the game's path contains Program Files, Documents, Windows (for whatever reason), Desktop, or just scattered around Downloads or the root place of a drive, take it out from there and give it a dedicated folder (something like C:/Games/SRB2). Windows marks several folders with special permissions which may hinder your ability to do stuff.

OK, answering those:
1. 64-bit system
2. If I make it in a folder, it says it's already there (which I call blasphemy). 3. If I try to join a modded multiplayer game the error just says Can't create file DOWNLOAD/[mod here]: No such file or directory
4. I packed everything into a folder named "SRB2"

Try to choose the option "View" above your Windows Explorer Window then check the box that says something like "View hidden files" then see if your DOWNLOAD folder appears or not, if not them replace srb2win with the 2.2.8 patch (Don't worry, it will not erase any data) and see if it works.

1. 64-bit system
That's the architecture of your system.
The OS (Operative System) would be something like Windows, Linux, MacOS and others.
Which one do you use?

4. I packed everything into a folder named "SRB2"
Right, but where is that SRB2 folder?

2. If I make it in a folder, it says it's already there (which I call blasphemy)
This one is certainly odd. Are you sure the folder isn't there?
Do the thing Rafael says and check if the DOWNLOADS folder magically became hidden - Though it shouldn't prevent you from using the folder anyways...

That's the architecture of your system.
The OS (Operative System) would be something like Windows, Linux, MacOS and others.
Which one do you use?

Right, but where is that SRB2 folder?

This one is certainly odd. Are you sure the folder isn't there?
Do the thing Rafael says and check if the DOWNLOADS folder magically became hidden - Though it shouldn't prevent you from using the folder anyways...

I use Windows, the SRB2 folder is in Downloads, and... ok, HOW do you check for that? Becuase I don't know... >_<

HOW do you check for that? Becuase I don't know... >_<
If you use Windows 10, at the top of the file explorer there are three tabs. One of them is "view". Click it and somewhere towards the right there's a checkbox for "Show hidden elements" or similar. Tick that.

Step one: Join server with addons
Step two: there is none

3. If I try to join a modded multiplayer game the error just says Can't create file DOWNLOAD/[mod here]: No such file or directory

Wow, ummm... It's ok i guess. I mean... We solved the problem that you had, can you download any mods from another server or something?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back