Can Lump Editors make Levels too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I get home, I plan on getting XWE, but I want to know if it makes levels too. It's a Lump Editor, so I don't really know.

XWE can make levels, but its not really good for it. I suggest you learn using SRB2 Doombuilder, or something that was actually made for mapping.

I would use SRB2 Doom Builder...if it would quit saying "Path/File Access Error" everytime I try to use srb2.srb with it.

Yes, and everytime I try to make a new map, I get an error, too, because I'm missing a DLL file that Vista doesn't come with.

Sadly, SRB2 Level Editors+Windows Vista=No, apparently. And I can't figure out how to get WADAuthor working, so yah.

Ah, Vista, of course.

Right Click > Run as Administrator.

I recommend you do that with ANY program that isn't giving you the complete functionality that it's supposed to. Ninety-nine out of one hundred times, that fixes it.

Alternatively, you can, in the properties option under the compatibility tab, make it so that it always runs as an administrator, though you're still prompted by Vista to confirm that you want to run the program.

No, I don't get the administrative "Can whoever's trying to access this program access it?" message, it lets me on fine. It's just that in:

Doom Builder: I click "New", then I get an error, then it crashes, then it says "We're missing a file that we don't come with anymore"

SRB2 Doom Builder: I open up "Configurations", put in srb2.srb, then it says "Path/File Access Error" when I hit ok, then it crashes.

When does whoever's in charge of SRB2DB come back?

You need to run SRB2DB as an administrator for it to work properly. You absolutely must.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back