Where do you put an Autoexec.cfg text file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a Autoexec.cfg file, but when I load it, it doesn't do anything. Here's my code:

Code:
name "PSI Hedgehog Chris"
color red
skin sonic
bind 1 "say hi, how's it going?"
bind 2 "orderpizza -size large -topping pepperoni -address what ever zone i'm in"
bind 3 "say anyone want pizza?"
bind 4 "screenshot"
bind 5 "chasecam 1"
con_backcolor red

The order pizza thing is supposed to be a joke. I found it on the Wiki.
Anyway, I have this on the same folder as the config.cfg file, but it won't load! Did I do something wrong?

autoexec.cfg or autoexec.cfg.txt?

In less ambiguous terms, do you have "hide known file extensions" enabled in Folder Options? Disable it and check your file.

By default Windows hides file extentions, so if you take a text file and give it the .cfg extension, it'll be whatever.cfg.txt, which is obviously not the desired result. Either enable the display of file extentions, take an existing .cfg file and copy and edit it, or use something esoteric like the Command Prompt to rename it to a .cfg.

I'm the only one who does that last one though.

On a side note, I reccommend shortening your name and removing the spaces. Sometimes SRB2 dislikes spaces and large names. Perhaps PSIChris or something of the sort.

And orderpizza doesn't technically require any parameters to work :p.

or you could just put a set of quotes around the file name to force windows to name your file that way.

I just uncheck the box that says 'Hide extensions for known file types' and rename the .txt (or whatever) to .cfg (or whatever)

PSI Hedgehog Chris said:
bind 1 "say hi, how's it going?"
bind 2 "orderpizza -size large -topping pepperoni -address what ever zone i'm in"
bind 3 "say anyone want pizza?"
Eww.... Try making conversation without scripts.

I'll Begin said:
... I've been using Windows since I was a young 'un and I NEVER knew you could do that....
Windows XP and Vista are the only stupid OSes that actually hide the file extension. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back