Suggestions

Stop being spastic.

The ring loss works like Sonic 1/2/3 because it literally was meant to emulate those games. Partial ring loss would be inaccurate to what people expect from something inspired by the old Sonic games, and we want to be faithful to that.

Setting aside that, the game is balanced around this mechanic for two reasons.

1. There are lots of shields now. Multiplayer starts you off with a shield, Single Player has magnetic, elemental, and force shields all over the levels, and they're designed to help you keep your rings. You can get hit a few times and not lose your rings because of this.

2. This game is designed around you being able to dodge everything. The only excuse for you to lose your rings is that you were not good enough. The ring emblems are designed to test your skill, so you shouldn't get hit. The vanilla game rewards you for every 100 rings you get, and partial ring loss would make gaining 1ups too easy. I can get like 20-30 lives in a no-save run, but without rings this drops to 10 and under.
That last post had nothing to do with ring loss. I've come to terms with that. It's almost every other time someone recommends something else not from the classics. I still cant believe that I got an infraction for that. Considering the things other people say all the time.

You got an infraction because your post was over-emotional and sensational, not because of your opinion.

I don't know what other ideas you're referring to, but here's an example that probably explains the situation for you: Force shields and emblems are ideas that were not in the classics. Partial ring loss is an idea that contradicts the classics. We can support ideas that are not covered in the classics, but not ideas contradictory to them.

You got an infraction because your post was over-emotional and sensational, not because of your opinion.

I don't know what other ideas you're referring to, but here's an example that probably explains the situation for you: Force shields and emblems are ideas that were not in the classics. Partial ring loss is an idea that contradicts the classics. We can support ideas that are not covered in the classics, but not ideas contradictory to them.
Oh, okay. Makes sense.
But what does that have to do like "Acting like a mature adult"? So, like, I have to act like an adult even though i'm not one? I think that should just say "Act mature". Act like a mature adult says children can't be mature. Kind of.

Last edited:
Oh, okay. Makes sense.
But what does that have to do like "Acting like a mature adult"? So, like, I have to act like an adult even though i'm not one? I think that should just say "Act mature". Act like a mature adult says children can't be mature. Kind of.

When you're just spazzing out saying curse words every five words or so, you're bound to get in trouble here. Nobody will put up with that kind of behavior in the real world when you're older. It's really quite obvious on why you received an infraction. You just need to act civil and not bitch and moan like a 12 year old who just found about swear words...

Last edited:
When you're just spazzing out saying curse words every five words or so, you're bound to get in trouble here. Nobody will put up with that kind of behavior in the real world when you're older. It's really quite obvious on why you received an infraction. You just need to act civil and not bitch and moan like a 12 year old who just found about swear words...
Nah. It'd be more 8 year old. And whats funny is, I am 12 XD.
I'm just saying: Children can be mature.
And I only cursed once. Ahh, caps lock. crap.
---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Oh yes, and aside from suggesting that I act more mature (Which I will likely fail at, though I will try) I think I came up with another semi-realistic addition to the game (and no, It does not involve doubling the pallet (Which would be awesome)) Is it possible to make X/Y momentum cancel out Z momentum and the other way around?
Oh. and...
Is it possible for it to happen so that you could select your own super colors?
It doesn't seem hard to set... so... :?

Last edited:
Is it possible to make X/Y momentum cancel out Z momentum and the other way around?
Possible with lua, yes. Probably didn't belong in suggestions.
Is it possible for it to happen so that you could select your own super colors?
It doesn't seem hard to set... so... :?
Depends on what you mean. If you mean default palette colors, no lua scripting can modify those associations(would be hella awesome though)

You can, however, write a lua script to force a color if the player has pw_super.

One thing I always asked myself. How does the devs compile the zones into a .dta file if I tried doing the same thing and I ended f***** up my whole Srb2 folder?

Hold on, hold on, partial ring loss is NOT from the main stream classics? What about the game gear series? Hell, why not bring about the super peel-out move from Sonic CD, Chaos, Triple Trouble, and Blast? Is that not classic mainstream? I mean, I wouldn't mind to see what good the super peel out would do...

EDIT: Okay, I guess partial ring loss isn't part of the mainstream classics, that discussion is over....

The Super Peel Out is just a pointless move and I don't see why many fans boast about it when it's basically a spindash with no protection.

The Super Peel Out is just a pointless move and I don't see why many fans boast about it when it's basically a spindash with no protection.

It does serve a purpose in Sonic CD, though. Remember how the Spin Dash is slow as molasses to use in that game? Well, the Super Peel Out is the "charges much faster, no protection" variation.

In games where the Spin Dash doesn't need to be charged to be used, the Super Peel Out loses purpose - and that's why it wouldn't work in SRB2 unless the Spin Dash was nerfed.

One thing I always asked myself. How does the devs compile the zones into a .dta file if I tried doing the same thing and I ended f***** up my whole Srb2 folder?
Wait. I don't even get that.
I think I might have an Idea, and the answer in that respect is: They don't. A .dta is, I think, Just a .wad in disguise.

I believe it is nothing more than a "zones.wad" renamed to "zones.dta". I changed Cream to dta, added to the game and it worked perfectly. I believe it is to differentiate the official files of the custom wad.

Last edited:
Hold on, hold on, partial ring loss is NOT from the main stream classics? What about the game gear series?

Those aren't mainstream (nobody gives a shit about Sonic Chaos or whatever it was that introduced that), and super peelout isn't functionally useful in this environment.

super peelout isn't functionally useful in this environment.

Oh, I beg to differ, a grounded thok has a lot of potential

srb20005.gif

Oh, I beg to differ, a grounded thok has a lot of potential

srb20005.gif
Yes, I beg to differ as well. Sonic CD was mainstream enough, and remember sonic's crusher path in ERZ? yeah, that.
Yes, The super peel out has no protection. But roll into a ball and---
Wait. Who wasn't thinking of that. Certainly the people who have played SCD have that All in their mind.
Make Spindash slower and then add Super peel out.
Because, Nostalgia matters.
(Sorry I make any points anyone has made through images. I am currently on a school computer.)

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Back