What Browser Do You Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't be serious. You do know that IE6, for example, has no tab function, is slow as hell and has millions of critical security issues?

I know its very odd. But I hated how text looked darker in IE7. Though, in Firefox. It stayed the same.

You could say I liked Firefox because it kept a lot of things from IE6 and made it SO much better. Along with the new tabs, much faster, and has less critical security issues.

Chrome as default. Works faster than Firefox, at least for me, plus if I try to load pages too big it blanks out. Safari as "backup". I am a tab hog. And when I don't feel like 'cleaning it out', i'll use Safari, not FF cuz I get annoyed when it blanks out.

--You may now criticize...

Last edited:
You could say I liked Firefox because it kept a lot of things from IE6 and made it SO much better. Along with the new tabs, much faster, and has less critical security issues.

And it actually works on the web, unlike IE6, which is somewhat incompatible with the majority of large sites, such as Twitter, Youtube, etc, now, as well as smaller sites (including this one, a lot of the javascript, etc, it broken as well as some images, as we use transparent PNGs).

*LARGE PIC :D*

This is Chrome's Speed Dial type thing. The top 8 pages you constantly go to are here, as well as recently closed tabs (I don't remember Opera having this feature, bu this does come in handy). There's also a more traditional Speed Dial: https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/dgpdioedihjhncjafcpgbbjdpbbkikmi
this one allows for tons of customizable speed dial slots, but the lack of "Recently closed" turned me off, so over time, I just let my 8 most frequent sites pile up there.

This also reminds me I need to go to my other forums more. I shouldn't be wasting all my rant fueltime here.

You know that speed dial reminds me of something. . . oh yes, the bookmark toolbar in Firefox! Much better than having to go to a specific page or something. Firefox also has a closed tab re-opener. . . and if you just want speed dial for the epicness? There's a app for that 8D

EDIT: Dang, the mod with the name I can't see(too lazy to google language packz) beat me to it.

EDIT2: I feel like I just have to do this. . .
And again. TOTALLY unnecessary. Close this if it's in a tab. Then press ctrl+shift+t (Firefox).

Proceed to shit bricks.
2916157133_d8eaa548e9.jpg
bender-shits-bricks.png

2916157133_d8eaa548e9.jpg

Last edited:
Why are you guys on windows still using firefox? Palemoon is compatible with all the themes and add ons, and is much faster and uses less memory. Sorry if I'm trying to push this on you guys too much.

Palemoon looks like it wants to be the Windows version of Swiftfox, and I wasn't too impressed with that when I ran Linux. Looking through the website, I don't see anything more substantial than statistics, percentages, and vague use of the word "optimization". Maybe somebody else could explain in more detail. For now, I'm going to stick with the real thing.

I run Firefox 3.6.6 and 4.0b1, and I really like the tabs on top UI in the latter. Chrome does it better, but it's not as mature a browser and its extension code leaves me wanting. Opera is nice as well, but it doesn't have any ad blocking functionality outside of the content blocker, which simply is not enough for the web of today.

Finally, I feel like I need to reply to this.
Is it that hard to use bookmarks?
Speed dial is a fantastic replacement for the "home page" of browsers old. I've used this feature since it debuted in the Opera browser. The advantage is that it gives you a thumbnail of each site which you can optionally have refresh at a set interval. Great for frequently updated sites that for some reason haven't set up a news feed yet, like some of the webcomics I read. No, it's not difficult at all to use bookmarks, but there's nothing wrong with having a start page with a set of what are effectively visual bookmarks.

So I tried 4.0b2 last night. Fairly fast, but I've switched back to 3.6 for now due to a severe lack of extensions, specifically Firebug, which I cannot actually live without.

I have Firefox, Minefield (Firefox Alpha), Chrome and IE8 installed. I also swear I installed Safari as well but oh well. Mainly, I use Minefield.

Also, for the people who use IE, please, do specify which version, I'm interested to know who still uses IE6...

I use Internet Explorer 6 for most purposes :S

I use Minefield, if only because it's the most stable on my system. Chrome had a habit of locking up completely, which is ironic given it's claim to fame is that "one tab crashing will not bring down the others."

Ah, 64-bit, how you astound me.

I use Internet Explorer 6 for most purposes :S

Really? How's that coping for you? I mean, it basically doesn't work on here, PNG images and all that. And it definitely doesn't work on the MS page, I didn't even attempt to put compatibility in for IE6.

D00D64, don't forget about the fact that you can literally get to the page you want by just pressing two keys in the url bar.

"d, then enter" gets me to deviantart. I think that is a really cool feature.

And it actually works on the web, unlike IE6, which is somewhat incompatible with the majority of large sites, such as Twitter, Youtube, etc, now, as well as smaller sites (including this one, a lot of the javascript, etc, it broken as well as some images, as we use transparent PNGs).

Remember, this switch was done several years ago. I don't think Twitter was really popular at that time and Youtube wasn't so advanced.
performance-chart.png

• 1. 3,198 ms
  • 2. 1,188 ms
  • 3. 995 ms!
Firefox is pretty fast. Another reason I use it. I also use a couple plug-ins. (Chatzilla is pretty useful if you don't want to download (IRC Client) whatever you guys use nowadays)

Nice to know you agree with Kyasarin and myself.
Hey, that is one more thing we have in common. ^_^

Opera was good... After my mom started liking it for some reason I started finding flaws and disliked it and went back to Firefox(annoying download menu etc).

Chrome's updater would never work, so I got tired being on the earliest version avaliable. Having to reinstall something that should update itself is sorta bull.

IE has always plain sucked, I hated it when I was home schooled and the site I was on forced IE.

There are many more browsers I've tried(Including one that was basically FireFox with tweet/fb/everyfuckingsocialsiteimaginable addons included), but Firefox sticks with me all the way through.

i used explorer but now I use chrome. Even though its new, my connection is still phone wire connection, which is pretty old but because I dont have a wireless adapter as of now, I can grin and bear it. Its ok for a basic get stuff done connection, but alot of images can be broken from time to time. Also, should I get firefox and opera? They seem pretty effiecient according to the masses.

Firefox. Nothing else even comes close.

Also, I do highly recommend anyone still using Internet Explorer to switch to something OTHER than it, lest your computer be raped with viruses, worms and other types of annoying malware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back