Fixed Non-existant 1-up Monitor/End Sign sprites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster Iestyn

Fangtastic
Basically, custom characters practically require custom monitor/end sign sprites, it appears. If they don't, the game literally removes them from existance as soon as it finds they don't have sprites when they should have them.

Why does this happen? Simple - there are no placeholder sprites for those two anymore.

Why is this so? I haven't a clue.

You can test this out yourselves by grabbing some custom character, taking out the sprites for the 1-up monitor/end sign, and playing the character in-game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would assume it's like that because they're stored with the character frames rather than as separate sprites referenced by the S_SKIN like they used to be.

Do you mean by showing "Clear!" instead of no sprites?

Hes saying, from an old srb2 version, that the game replaces the character's 1up and the end signs (If they don't have those sprites.). In 2.0.X however they remove it from the character wad if it doesn't have the 1up or the end sign sprites.

EDIT:Yes saying showing clear and 1UP instead of no sprites.

Last edited:
While this is clearly a buggy behavior, I'm not sure we want to allow character designers to ignore those frames, as they're rather important in making their character look proper.

I looked on the Wiki and...
Monitors.png

It is a default one up monitor! Does this mean custom characters don't need custom life monitors anymore? Or is SRB2 2.1 getting rid of custom 1ups all together?

Those new item boxes look so much better than the ones I saw in the preview screenshots. I really wish the 1up monitor wouldn't be the same for all characters, however.
犬夜叉;711866 said:
Nothing's changed here, you know. Characters still have their own 1up monitor sprites. I just didn't bother hunting around for them when assembling the image.
This was on other thread about the monitors.

This is no longer an issue due to recent developments.

Those creating characters will be in for a nice surprise...

Totally my fault for making the game remove objects with invalid sprites instead of crashing horribly, sorry.

Also my fault for fixing it in the next release by doing something insane instead, yes?

It'll be fun. :)

Totally my fault for making the game remove objects with invalid sprites instead of crashing horribly, sorry.

Yeah, I actually kept from 'fixing' it that way for the longest time because I wanted to 'force' people to properly make their character WADs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back