Strange lag every time i go in a netgame, am i the cause?

Status
Not open for further replies.

time gear

Eternity in an hour
It's really weard, but each and every time i go in a netgame, i get lag. but there is more, people say that there is lag when i join, but not before. is there a way that i could be the reason for the lag? and if so, how do i fix it?

Well, if it wasn't there before, yes, it's you, and it's probably because you live too far away from the host. The further you are from someone, the higher your ping is to them. You could maybe fix it by getting a faster internet connection, or closing any internet using programs.

Sky Ninja said:
Well, if it wasn't there before, yes, it's you, and it's probably because you live too far away from the host. The further you are from someone, the higher your ping is to them. You could maybe fix it by getting a faster internet connection, or closing any internet using programs.
my internet connection is fine. in fact, its very fast. and as for closing internet programs, do you mean like clicking the x button? because i never have internet windows open when i use srb2.

joeoflula said:
maybe you have an old version of SRB2 or something?
XD i dunno.

If he had an older version of SRB2, he wouldn't be able to join any of the servers unless there were some that used the same version that he had. :/

time gear said:
Sky Ninja said:
my internet connection is fine. in fact, its very fast. and as for closing internet programs, do you mean like clicking the x button? because i never have internet windows open when i use srb2.
In that case:
Sky Ninja said:
it's probably because you live too far away from the host.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back