Automatic bot in single player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joat

Gum Phoenix
I’m not even sure this is possible, but it probably is. I would like to create a skin that automatically has a bot with it, as seen in the “Sonic and Tails” selection in SRB2JTE.EXE singleplayer mode.

I have a nagging feeling that this has been asked before, but a forum search and a look through the wiki have both turned up empty. I guess it’s just my paranoia talking.

JTE's Sonic and Tails is built off of programming, not S_SKIN. Remember, you can use the exact same character by selecting sonic.

This rould rather be an option in the character select menu, found in the Object config.

Also, Bots are JTE exclusive, for now.

Have a script run upon using the character based on his ability that decides what bot to add upon startup. (Note: requires custom level/entrance) It would probably won't crash outside JTE, but just only work in JTE.

Character ability 0 linedef triggers runscript, script: ADDBOT TAILS blah-blah

Character ability 2 linedef runscript, script: ADDBOT SONIC blah-blah

0 is thok, 2 is glide, and you can get the definitive list on wiki. Hope this helps somewhat. ;-)

Well, that could work. I’m not sure if it’ll do anything in single player, but I’ll test it.

Besides, if I follow the suggestion of character ability trigger, it’s not like it’ll trigger in any other character, since I’m pretty sure the character in question is the only character, custom or otherwise, who uses the Swim (no fly) ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back