SRB2 Version 2.2.6 Patch Release

It seems to me that it is impossible to start playing the new version without losing all your progress in the previous one.

It seems to me that it is impossible to start playing the new version without losing all your progress in the previous one.

Not the case at all. Download the patch files, then drag-and-drop those files into the folder of the previous version. No save data or settings are changed.

I downloaded the launcher, so will it work?

UPD: forget what I said. I tried to replace the previous version file with the latest one. And now I get this. What did I do wrong?
2020-08-21-12-24-26.png
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't know enough about this to help you. SRB2 might be freaking out about non-ASCII characters in Windows usernames again, but that's just a wild guess based on the question marks in the error message. I don't know.

Unknownlight: I think by "launcher" Metafrost2 means "srb2win.exe".

Metafrost2: Did you make sure to replace srb2.pk3 and all the .dta files in your folder with those in the patch installer? Looking at the "found md5", it looks like your srb2.pk3 is still the copy from v2.2.0, which means you did not update your SRB2 properly.

Which version are you upgrading from? If it's earlier than 2.2, then yes, I believe your older files are incompatible. But if you're starting from 2.2 and are trying to patch up to 2.2.6, then there is no reason you should have to start over.

If you are updating from 1.0, use the 1.0 to 2.0 update setup
updating from 2.0 or 2.0.6/7, use the 2.0 to 2.1 update setup
2.1 then use the 2.1 to 2.2 update setup, 2.2.1 to 2.2.6 should work, that's what I did when I first went from 2.2.1 to 2.2.4 to 2.2.6 (i don't have zones.dta on my PC lol but i can still play it)

Wishes for version 2.2.7:
- In Special Stages, for touching the obstacle that costs 5 seconds of time, the Link must be stopped instantly.
- Fix the error: "File is corrupt or has been modified" that saw by Metafrost2.
For version 2.3 (in future):
- Add new Acts, like Red Volcano Acts 2 and 3;
- Add True Final Boss for collecting all 7 Chaos Emeralds. Like The Doomsday Zone from Sonic (3) & Knuckles and Nonaggression from Sonic Advance 3, the act will start in Super form and with 50 rings losing 1 ring per second. If amount of rings less than 20, the music becomes faster. Reaching the 0 in ring count loses 1 life. Collect rings on the way and defeat the True Final Boss in 12 hits!

Last edited:
For future versions. That there is the option to activate the 3D models when the game uses the Software renderer (a la Quake/GZDoom).

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back