WadAuthor Custom Tools: File help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espyo

In WadAuthor, there is a function called Custom Tools, which basically allow you to create a "tool" that runs an application with custom command lines. Well, the thing is, WadAuthor can't load the map with SRB2 by itself, it causes an error. I decided to create a custom tool to open the current wad with SRB2, but the problem is that I don't know what is appropriate command line. To add a file, it's just "-file <filename.wad>", but I really wanted it to open the current loaded file with the app (SRB2). I think that it should be -file %1 or something, but it doesn't seem to work. BTW: I'm using that custom tool thing on a computer with Windows Vista.

I don't know much about WadAuthor because I never really use it. Have you ever considered SRB2 DoomBuilder?

Oh wow, people use WadAuthor for SRB2?

Anyway, follow Chisuun's suggestion and get SRB2 DoomBuilder. It's made for SRB2 and therefore has more features aimed to SRB2 than anything else I know of, like showing the size of NiGHTs axis amd showing 3D floors in 3D mode.

Yeah, I know. Just recently I decided to actually start using SRB2Builder, starting today.
The only reason why I use WadAuthor is because, if you look in a dictionary the definition of the word: simple, you get: WadAuthor.
But still, I just really wanted to know a possible answer because this one is a real puzzle. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back