How is SRB2's music made?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Segmint

Okay, I've PMed you staff people, and I got no clear answer, so I decided to start a topic about it. Like, what program, processes, etc., HOW?

I'd assume they'd use FL Studio for the .OGG files...the MIDI is probably made in some professional music production program, probably Cakewalk or something.

Well, that part was obvious (by the way, it's NoteWorthy not Cakewalk). BUT, there's more to it than that. There has to be.

Part of the problem here is that there's been SIX composers for this game (seven if you count IS's dad), and everyone tends to make music differently. Different programs, different styles, different resources, etc.

As far as the Oggs are concerned, AJ generally takes modified versions of the MIDIs specifically created for the purpose of upgrading, and running them through his Korg synthesizer before recording. Cyan didn't do it this way when he made the current Oggs of Stuf's Techno Hill tracks though, once again showing how everybody does things differently.

Arrow uses Noteworthy Comp.
Cyan used Cakewalk with Korg X5DR, Yamaha SW60XG, and OPL3.
I have no idea what Stuf used.
I have no idea what David Bulmer used.
I use Winjammer, Noteworthy, ConcertWare, Goldwave, whatever I need to get the job done w/ Korg X5DR and Yamaha SW60XG.
InstantSonic's dad uses ..... some kind of guitar.

music_sandwich.PNG

SSNTails said:
InstantSonic's dad uses ..... some kind of guitar.

An electric one, I'm sure! ;D But seriously, he uses a stratocaster. He has a crazy selection of stuff, but that's his favorite.

SSNTails said:
Arrow uses Noteworthy Comp.

In combination with SONAR 3.0 and XGEdit 95, running on the SXG50 softsynth, for the record. With GoldWave for recording.

I'm slowly trying to leave NWC behind and start using SONAR for everything. It's tough going. I'm also trying to use Audacity for recording as my copy of GoldWave is shareware, and I don't feel like staying with it for the longrun.

InstantSonic said:

<3

cueball61 said:
One thing you have to remember, the staff here are hypocrites :D
It was an accident. For some reason, it won't let me delete the post.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER- THE STAFF ARE NOT HUMAN AND WE DO NOT MAKE MISTAKES.

Instant, you could've deleted it if yours was the last post, ya know. It's just that someone else posted afterwards.

Which means you should edit your post next time. :P

Instant Sonic is Staff and should be able to delete any post, no matter what position it is in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back