How to get SRB2 Editor and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TripleT

What are "basic" steps to get srb2 editor since I am very bad at computers except the doom editor and I am new at this but been interested in the srb2 concept for while. I would like to try my luck at the editor thing but I not know how to download it even though I read some things but still not sure. In fact I was reading about how to download srb2 wads and it never worked for me then I got lucky and got help and it was because it was on Internet Explorer which is why the srb2 wads not download.

Another question except this time much more complicated and I am possibly not computer literate enough to even understand but is their a "basic" way to know if you can host multiplayer games on srb2 or is that way complicated? I did an attempt and it failed.

Unless you know what a "linedef" is, the difference between "flats" and "textures", why "control sectors" are important, when and when not to use a "middle texture", and the purpose of an "ambush flag" on a "thing," the I suggest you start here.

http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Category:Mapping_tutorials

Even if you are familiar with those concepts, the tutorials give you some links to find these editors. I use:

SRB2 Doom Builder
Doom Builder 2 (modded for srb2, CORRECTION: exe name is Builder.exe, installer says BuilderCB.zip, and it installs into "Program Files (x86)\BuilderCB")
SRB2 Workbench (it's "unfinished" but has many cool features, such as links to the wiki for lots of stuff just from right-clicking items in lists).

I don't have the exact links, but you can find them as easily as I can if you try searching:
site:srb2.org SRB2 Doom Builder
in google. Then do the same for the other two (keep the site:srb2.org for every search). They each have strengths and weaknesses.

You'll need updated game config files, too. Again, no exact links, but if you search for "Srb2-21db.cfg" you'll find the most updated file for SRB2 Doom Builder. The config files for the other two programs have titles that look similar. Make sure it's for version 2.1 of srb2.

Last edited:
Eep, it's not just about SRB2 Doom Builder!
SLADE is a good WAD editor in general, extremely useful for everything that isn't about mapping (in which case you should use SRB2DoomBuilder or SRB2DoomBuilder2 along with their configuration files thingies.

Hope that helped you, in case you need help on how to use editors, you can find a lot of tutorials on the SRB2 Wiki about how to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back