ROM help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A-star

now Known as Player 1.1
I'm using the Gens emulator, and I'm trying to play Sonic CD. So, when I boot up the ROM I get this:

problema.png

So, how do I get around this?

You need some kind of bio files. Names of the files are below. I can't give you a link to the files. You will half to find them yourself.

us_scd1_9210.bin (American)
eu_mcd1_9210.bin (European)
jp_mcd1_9112.bin (Japanese)

This is easy, if your using the gens turn off the ram

To do this go to options then sega cd SRAM size then select none and it will work.

You can use gameshark codes, you can use savestates, you can play roms online with other people, you can hack the roms to create new levels and graphics...

The list goes on.

Although Hacking is Bad (illegal) People make decent ones, Good hack, Like Sonic 1 Megamix, Bad hacks like Sonic in Paynt.

Distributing patch files for hacks is also legal, because the patch files contain original work by the author, and nothing under copyright.

There are two solutions to your problem. Use Kega Fusion, or do the following in Gens: (Which you're using right now)
Option -> Sega CD SRAM Size -> None
It should work either way, but I'd suggest using Kega instead. It's far better.

MechaAshura said:
Uhh, no. That didn't change any data in the game. You just used an external program to get digital music, most likely S2MP3. Either that or you added in the music after the fact.

Kopper said:
But hey, legality isn't ALWAYS morality, and no-one gets in trouble for roms anyway.
It technically isn't stealing. Theft implies that the person you're taking things from is losing them. With the technology of the Internet, they aren't losing anything.

Actually, they are losing something. Everytime someone downloads a rom, they're losing money. They spent money to make the game and they expect money back when people get it.

Sky Ninja said:
Actually, they are losing something. Everytime someone downloads a rom, they're losing money. They spent money to make the game and they expect money back when people get it.
Not if:
1) The person already owns the game in another form, or...
2) The person wouldn't buy the game anyway.
3) The game's not being produced anymore.
4) The person is honest enough to buy the game after they play it on an emulator to "test" it.

The legality of ROMs has turned into such a gray area that I refuse to care about the legality of ROMs for games that are unavailable on the market or already on my home console. Notable is the fact that the authorities don't care to enforce laws on people who download ROMs. It's such a petty offense that it costs more than a company will get out of suing pirates. So why keep myself from playing ROMs online or looking at ROM hacks just to satisfy a law that's hardly enforced, hardly has purpose, and is already broken commonly anyway? It's nice to buy a game on the VC after playing a ROM you like, but I don't see how it would be immoral not to trash the ROM after you buy the game -- if you aren't depriving the company of money they deserve, then who cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back