Music refuses to loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zap610

Yes I looked at the wiki and did exactly what it said, and even made it into an ogg. It won't loop. I opened up Audacity and used the general looping thing (LOOPSTART LOOPLENGTH) and it still won't loop. Does it not support decimals?

Yes I looked at the wiki and did exactly what it said, and even made it into an ogg. It won't loop. I opened up Audacity and used the general looping thing (LOOPSTART LOOPLENGTH) and it still won't loop. Does it not support decimals?

I use Winamp to do this, personally. Maybe that will work for you?

I tried using winamp (at least with the stuff that the wiki said to do) and it wouldn't work. Although my winamp is unable to play oggs. It can open them, just can't play. Would that have something to do with it?

Why are you using decimals? You specify the sample to loop at. Samples cannot be fractional, since a sound cannot get smaller than a sample (it is like the atom of sound).

I must be missing something. It said to multiply the rate (44100) by the time (43s 605ms aka 43.605) which explains the decimal.

I must be missing something. It said to multiply the rate (44100) by the time (43s 605ms aka 43.605) which explains the decimal.
Where are you getting this value from? Any sound editor that's worth crap should have a way to display the time value in samples instead. If you can't figure it out, you can always round down the result, it will probably sound fine provided the general position was picked correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back