Team Chaotix Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

tailzdude

I tried to switch some music in my music.dta with a Team Chaotix MP3, and it just erased all of my music! Now I can't hear anything! Well anyway, now I've fixed it, but can someone do it for me with the team chaotix music thing? You can download it here

pleeeeeease help me! :| :eek: :?

Dude, you aren't supposed to edit SRB2's data files directly. You're supposed to make your own WAD file and load it when SRB2 starts up.

>.>

Wait. Three things.

1. I changed replaced something like map01_A or something cuase someone told me to.

2. Some guy said tht that's how to do it.

3. I dunno how to make wad files and that's a shame cause i got a CrAzY imagination.

Make a wad file and put your music in it. It´ll replace the music in the music.dta that has the same name. Launch your wad.

Whoever told you to edit music.dta directly was pretty stupid. You should only listen for information from us. We are the official SRB2 community, and we know everything about the game.

To make a WAD file:

Right-click in an empty spot. Go to New, then Text Document. Take the .txt extension and rename it to .wad.

Then, open the new WAD file in XWE. Go to the Entry menu, and select Load. Select the MP3 or OGG file you want to use, and open it.

Name the new lump. For maps, use the name O_MAPxxM, where xx is the number of the level. There are also special names for the song lumps used in places like the Title Screen and Invincibility. Some of their names are:

O_TITLES
O_SUPERS
O_LCLEAR
O_DROWN

There are more. Explore the music.dta file yourself (but don't modify it!). That way you'll get to see all the lump names.

My music.dta was modified be me a while ago, I have the new musics occupying slot 80-89...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back