Game fails at recording lumps done with custom characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHCC

Too fast for you to see me.
The title says it all. I've tried to record lumps with Jet and Metal Sonic, but the game keeps generating only corrupted lumps.

I guess the game isn't meant to record lumps with custom characters. Besides, you wouldn't have the custom characters loaded into SRB2 all the time, and it wouldn't be able to remember which characters were used since it's not Sonic, Tails, or Knuckles. ...I think...

I'm not actually sure, but this may be an explanation. Then again, I'm not a dev or anything, so...

I guess the game isn't meant to record lumps with custom characters. Besides, you wouldn't have the custom characters loaded into SRB2 all the time, and it wouldn't be able to remember which characters were used since it's not Sonic, Tails, or Knuckles. ...I think...

I'm not actually sure, but this may be an explanation. Then again, I'm not a dev or anything, so...

If SRB2 isn't meant to record lumps with custom characters, then the game shouldn't even generate a lump, therefore it's a bug. On the other hand, if the game is supposed to record lumps even with custom characters, then we have a bug too.

But I can't imagine why players aren't allowed to record a game with a custom character. It isn't part of the game's record attack, it's just a recording.

Dunno about you lot, but I just tried recording a replay with a custom gamedata and Robo-Hood, and the replay works completely fine.

Just out of concern, what type of recording lump are you talking about? Time Attack Recording lumps? Metal Sonic Race Recording lumps? (Although you do not want to record Metal Sonic lumps with teleporters... The devs should fix that btw.)

Same as above Duon here. It might be the most recent version, as I recorded that in v2.1.9.

Last edited:
Just out of concern, what type of recording lump are you talking about? Time Attack Recording lumps? Metal Sonic Race Recording lumps? (Although you do not want to record Metal Sonic lumps with teleporters... The devs should fix that btw.)

...Given that PHCC mentioned Record Attack in his second post, the answer should probably be obvious. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back