The NEW Super Mario Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's out now. It's a shame there's only 80 levels, there should be more.

And before you go "OMG THATS JUST FROM NINTENDO POWER", look: There are 240 special coins in the game, 3 in each level. You do the math.

Look at it this way; The first SMB had less than 40 levels, SMB3 clocking in about 60 levels and SMW around the same mark. It's a nice, even number that'll please most fans.

Wrong. JJ was close, but not specific enough. So:

• SMB1: 32 levels, glitch worlds and Extra Mission (same game with Goombas being replaced by Buzzy Beetles) not included.
  • SMB2 (West): 20 levels, on the dot.
  • SMB2 (JP): 52 levels; 32 normal levels, 4 accessible by beating all the stages without warping, and 16 accessible I think by beating the game eight times (seriously!).
  • SMB3: Don't remember. Wikipedia says 90, excluding the Warp Zone; dunno if that includes the shops, Hammer Bros. fights, or similar, but, disregarding how short the stages can be, that's the largest Mario game by far.
  • SMW: 72 levels. There are 96 exits, but they do not consist of levels all on their own; it's just that many levels have two exits (24, if I'm not mistaken). I don't know if this includes places like the Top Secret Area.
That New SMB has 80 levels doesn't surprise me, seeing as it had been known for a while. Look at it this way... that's more than Super Mario World had, making it the second-biggest 2D Mario game in existence.

Shadow Hog said:
SMW: 72 levels. There are 96 exits, but they do not consist of levels all on their own; it's just that many levels have two exits (24, if I'm not mistaken). I don't know if this includes places like the Top Secret Area.

72 levels includes Yoshi's House, Top Secret Area, and all the Block Palaces; all areas on the map that have actual names and toss up a "MARIO START" when you enter. And yes, 24 second exits is correct.

Well, I bought and completed the main game. It's serious ownage. Working on finding all the hidden exits and such now. I don't think the game is as big as SMB3, but the fact that it's a new Mario game totally makes up for it. I'd give you an exact number of stages, but I haven't found them all yet =P

I must say, this game is very awesome. I'm almost done with World 3. I like to take my time. :P

Well, I beat all the stages now, with all the hidden goals. That last goal was just plain mean. Tomorrow I'll go about tracking down Star Coins ^_^()

Saw this in another forum (originally at GameFAQs I believe), felt obliged to share.

Anyway...I was playing through the game, made it to the end of World 8, finally managed to claw my way to the last battle...then, when I saw what I was up against, I just about passed out. I was running low on lives, didn't want to redo the Castle again...so I had an idea.

I went back to one of the World 8 orange Toad's Houses, grabbed a Mega Mushroom for stock, made it to the boss room...then, went ALMOST far enough forward to trigger the 'boss fight start' sequence, activated the Mega Mushroom and transformed into Mega Mario, then stepped forward and triggered the sequence. After the scene, Mega Mario wafflestomped the entire battle. It was so horribly lopsided I almost felt bad about it.

I kinda did that when I fought Bowser again with Luigi. It felt real easy ovbiously.

So far, I've gotten all of the coins in all of the worlds. Now I need to find out how to unlock more of those hidden stages in order to have this game completed 100% as I usually do.

The game is pretty good though.

The TV commercial was too good though. It said it would come out on DS Lite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back