What soundfont did the music use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flak

Kirov reporting.
First of all, I havent played SRB2 since 2.0.x and its nice to see that it is still being developed and mods are still being made for it. Although from what I understand after lurking in these forums for a bit, its going kinda slow.

Anyways, something I've been wondering lately, what soundfont did the midi to ogg recordings use? Im asking this because I took a look at music.dta and I saw that the songs were apparently converted from midi to ogg using higher quality instruments and stuff.

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't see this sooner.

(Most) of the music is a combination of a Korg X5DR and a Yamaha SW60XG. The Korg actually makes up the majority of the parts.
The Korg X5 family of synthesizers was in widespread use in the early 90s, and you can hear its influence in everything from Sonic 3 to AoStH to Sonic Adventure.

I think a track or two was rendered with a Yamaha MU100, since that is what I now have and passed a few tracks onto the dev team (SW60XG was an ISA slot monstrosity). I purposely chose the MU100 for its very close similarity to the SW60XG sound (unless you had two side by side, you might not notice, and even then you might say it's the same).

THZ2, I think even includes a few parts done by an OPL3 synthesizer. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back