Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRB2-Playah

Ne'er-Do-Anythin'
So, I found this demo for this game, and I like it. Therefore, you all will.
My logic is undeniable.

So, what's it like?
It's like... A mix between standerd MMORPGs and Hexen II I guess.
Only cooler.
First-person hit-bad-guys-with-swords-or-shoot-them-in-the-butts-with-arrows-or-burn-their-flesh type deal. Except cooler.

Features (In the demo, anyway)-
Quite immersive. You can see your feet 'n stuff.
You can kill your enemies in many ways. Kick 'em into a spiky trap... Cut a rope, and have a log-on-a-chain spash into their ribcage... Insert a knife into their neck... Or just hack-n-slash at them. I can spend hours just killing the orcs over and over in the demo.
You can equip diffrent weapons and armor 'n stuff.
Once you learn the skills, you can hide in shadows, sneak up behind bad guys and backstab them for instant death of fun.
Freeze them in place and smash them to bits.
Pretty good physics. At least the first time I saw an AI use ragdoll physics without acting like a friggen' beach ball... And they go ragdoll when they fall, but they will also exit ragdoll mode and get back up. I like that.

I feel that would be enough information to at least spark some faint flicker of interest. So...
Official website. With quite a few details. Screens and videos. And the standerd-issue mini-adventure with bonus wallpaper for completing it. Yup, this text is a link.
You can download the demo from Gamer's hell here. Yes, this is also a link.
But before you click it, please note that it's quite the bloody and gory venture. If seeing a papercut or nosebleed gives you a bubbly unpleasent feeling in your gut, odds are you won't appreciate the orc heads being lopped off, young man.
Also note it's not the only download location. If, for whatever reason, Gamer's Hell is not an option, please note that Google is your friend.

I just have one problem with it. Something in my video card isn't agreeing with the game, and in-game movies appear as thin white boxes with a line through 'em, The cross-boxes also appear when I get hurt.
And that little fire spell consists of unpleasent-on-the-eye white boxes. And the bats appear as black boxes, which I'd wager is because of a lack of transparency in the image files.
If anyone knows offhand how to fix this problem, that'd be a bonus to my gaming experience.

I believe the full game is out now, if not very soon. If I had the chance, I prolly would buy it. But that's just me.
What about you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back