Does Lost Levels get you banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Questionguy555

OH YEAH!
When I was playing srb2, I thought it would be fun to play the red volcano zone, but I made a mistake and the server kicked me. I haven't got back on it ever since. I don't know if the game wants me to keep enjoying the game or if the game will not allow me to get back on. I am not fully understanding the whole banning thing, so if no one answers in three days, I will just forget it and try to play the never-made-into-game level again.

I understand that now, but is it okay to try again?

The level in question is a beta. It's a secret, but it has a lot of errors. So you're really in no trouble.

Me in a dream where I pwnt everyone by finishing 1.1 single handed on Xmas and this guy didn't exist said:
1. It is not a Lost Level. It is a BETA of a 1.1 level.

2.(long rantly speech about how the ban works that someone else will tell.)
3.(longer rantlyer speech about the rules of this forum/how it will be moved to a help forum/how you'll be banned from the forums/ect.)

Okay, banning can keep you out of a server, not the game. But since you claim the server kicked you, then you may have done something that the host of said server didn't like, I.E. you trying to enter RVZ1 without asking, you CAN re-enter the server and just keep playing.

So in short, kicking is a warning, banning is if you don't learn, simple no?

If you were really playing single player, there wouldn't be any server to kick you in the first place.

SSNTails said:
If you were really playing single player, there wouldn't be any server to kick you in the first place.

Not exactly. I was playing it my self and got the,

"You've been kicked from the server (consistency failure)" message.

I go all "What the heck?" and shut the game down.

Let me see if I still have a log of that. (it was 3 months ago though)

Don't "host" when you play single player. Just go to the menus and choose "1 Player" and start a game.

SSNTails said:
Don't "host" when you play single player. Just go to the menus and choose "1 Player" and start a game.

I didn't host it.

I just hit single player played through it and thats what happened.

You couldn't have, because if you are in single player there is no kicking or consistency failures. The netcode doesn't even RUN.

SSN, what if splitscreen has been enabled at some point in the game? Doing that has gotten me a server kick during single player a couple times.

Sometimes the game has some wad loading errors. Which means that the host adds a wad, but everyone gets kicked, even though they have the right version of that wad in the right place. It doesn't happen alot, but it will do that sometimes. And when I enter single player after such a kick, I'm able to get kicked from my own single player game. Same happens if you rehost after the wad loading error.

Prime 2.0 said:
SSN, what if splitscreen has been enabled at some point in the game? Doing that has gotten me a server kick during single player a couple times.
That's exactly what happened to me. I was going to warp to map 16, but I didn't notice I was in single player and got kicked for activating splitscreen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back